This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PocketPC Awards

Re: PocketPC Awards

Postby suchiaruzu » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:31pm

Modified, because some did not want me to post his AIM name here
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:33pm

I really do not think this site shoulda won this year, please no one get offended by that. I just mean some of the main links at the top dont even work, we hardly get a much new content on this site as brighthand or dale coffing. These forums kick ass but i dont think this site is eady to win until pm2 is totally done and we get a better news system. I think of this site as just a really cool like online coffee house for developers and geeks to get togather and talk about ppc stuff.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

PocketPC Awards

Postby suchiaruzu » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:34pm

Okay, boys. We were not nominated. Fucking Brighthand won. So did Dale Coffing's (why does that remind me of coffin?) PocketPCPassion.<br>Hell, we'll do it. Next year we will win. If Dale can reach 33%, we can reach 120. GO PM!!!<br>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby suchiaruzu » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:35pm

I meant the community award
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:39pm

O well in that case we should have at least been nominated i think we have the coolest community, eveyone here is almost always working on some ppc project and were all slaves to these boards so everyone is always on talking. PocketPCPassions board suck why did they win? Whatever we probably just need more people.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:45pm

Brighthand won the community award
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:48pm

What a dull bunch of people, they never go off topic heh.
RwGast
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:56pm

But <br>a) they always make sounds like "bump"<br>b) no-one knows no-one<br>c) you never get answers unless you are a developer looking for leaking betatesters (PDAFantast...)<br>d) there are too many boards<br>e) there are only businessmen now anyway (brighthand for business...)
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby RwGast » Oct 13, 2001 @ 6:57pm

True, very true, now i see why there community won and ours didnt.
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Chris Edwards » Oct 13, 2001 @ 9:30pm

I think we should have been nominated, but I don't think we could have won. Look at how many members we have compared to brighthand. We have 410, they have like 20,000. <br><br>I met steven bush at the summit, and he is a very nice guy. So, I would appreciate it if you guys stopped the brighthand bashing.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » Oct 13, 2001 @ 10:59pm

I used to enjoy following Dale's site regularly. In fact, it was the first CE news type site I checked daily. However, in the last several months the site has really changed. Over those last months, on average, the site was only updated once a week. Also, I can't help but feel Dale is out of touch with the CE community. He seems to be involved at the corporate level now (dealing straight with MS and various OEMs), and doesn't really interact with the community, or the "real" software development going on. Usually any news blurbs that are actually posted were on other sites days earlier.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby suchiaruzu » Oct 14, 2001 @ 11:25am

Chris, it's not about him, but about the community. And brighthands community sucks ass.
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby esw » Oct 14, 2001 @ 7:05pm

Well I think we should think about who runs . It is PocketPC Magazine, right? It's all just corporate buisness junk. Just look at the pictures on the PPC awards site. <br><br>I think it is stupid that PocketMatrix wasn't nominated, but on the other hand I don't care. <br>Even if our community is way better, and they dont notice.Let them have their corprate crap. We can have a fun community, multimedia, games, and the latest version of PQ :)<br><br>
esw
pm Member

Postby randall » Oct 14, 2001 @ 7:14pm

I don't know if I would enjoy this site as much if it had thousands of users. This is a pretty close community simply because it is small.<br><br>We seem to have quite an array of people, with different areas of expertise. I like that.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Oct 14, 2001 @ 9:47pm

As for Brighthand, I used to try and follow it regularly (just after I released PQ), but I haven't been there in quite some time. First off, there is way too much volume. It is really not possible to keep up with all the posts. When you do create a thread, unless it is something very, very controversial or ground-breaking, it will be pushed off the first page in less than an hour, where of course it won't be noticed.<br>The other big problem is the attempted diversity of the site. Having Palm and CE at the same site is asking for trouble, and it is a far too regular occurance for someone to spill over to the other OS's forums and start flaming.<br><br>They may have 20k registered users, but only a small, small fraction actually visit the site. I think a much larger percentage of PM's registered members participate, making the total number of members misleading. Also consider that a significant portion of Brighthand's members represent Palm users.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Announcements/Feedback

Sort

Forum Description

Have anything to say about PocketMatrix.com? Looking for info on the latest happenings at PocketMatrix.com?

Moderators:

sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder

Forum permissions