This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

PIEPlus V1.3 Beta2 has been released! - a quick review

Postby Menneisyys » Mar 1, 2005 @ 9:21am

I was just going to answer a PIEPlus-uninstall-related question at another PDA site when I noticed, by simple URL editing (Reensoft has no public links to any of their beta stuff) and hoping that I'd find something, that the people at Reensoft have quietly released the Beta2 version of PIEPlus. Get it from .

I've tested it to see how it fares against the competition, which is, IMHO, especially on a VGA device, considerably better than itself.

Unfortunately, the bugs/problems I've pointed out at, for example, , are still present. The biggest problem is the inability to change the tab height, and, partly because of this (because you can't reduce them, unlike in, say, MultiIE), in both landscape and portrait mode, there certainly will be cases when you need to scroll back some rows to be able to read a partially visible row. This problem is non-existing with both Spb Pocket Plus and MultiIE.

To see what I mean, have a look at the next two screenshots and, particularly, the row under "Will the next version of Windows Mobile truly support" (bottom in the first screenshot and non-visible in the second). Pertty hard to make the word "VGA" and the inner links out, right? Yes, you need to scroll up at least a row to be able to see what's there. This really hampers its usage.

Therefore, now, I can't recommend this PIE plug-in at all – it has too many problems. Get MultiIE, or, even better, Spb Pocket Plus 2.5 instead. The latter is the clear winner in this category. I wish the authors had corrected the window caption bug...
Menneisyys
pm Member

Postby The Blur » Mar 1, 2005 @ 2:50pm

See my website, "Echo 136" at: www.geocities.com/josiahhennig

The Blur
pm Member

Postby Menneisyys » Mar 7, 2005 @ 3:46pm

Menneisyys
pm Member

Re: PIEPlus V1.3 Beta2 has been released! - a quick review

Postby mrchampipi » Mar 7, 2005 @ 5:37pm

Be a winner,
Be the first to buy a Jackito!
mrchampipi
pm Member

Re: PIEPlus V1.3 Beta2 has been released! - a quick review

Postby Menneisyys » Mar 7, 2005 @ 8:25pm

Menneisyys
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions