This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Any reviews of the cingular 3125 yet?

Any reviews of the cingular 3125 yet?

Postby DNFjoe » Sep 22, 2006 @ 1:25pm

If it is not worth trying it is not worth doing.
DNFjoe
pm Member

WOW not so good review.

Postby DNFjoe » Sep 22, 2006 @ 2:44pm

DNFjoe
pm Member

Postby Chris Edwards » Sep 26, 2006 @ 8:05pm

I had that device (unbranded HTC) for a week to review. I would not recommend it. If the review was finished and posted, it would be a 6/10 or so.

The phone felt really cheap, and I had issues with dropped calls, the button lights being really inconsistent, and the general OS felt really clunky with the way the buttons were set up.

It was my first flip-phone, so I may have some bias against it, but in general the device felt big and clunky and hard to use compared to other devices I've used. The SPV C600 is still one of my favourites. Cingular sells it as the 2125.

You should take a look at the BlackBerry 8100. I work part-time at RIM, so take that recommendation lightly, but if you're looking for a phone that's really good at email, then it's a really good pick. 3rd party apps are hard to find, and gaming isn't a huge thing for BlackBerry yet, but I'm sure the future will bring improvement.

Depends if you're set on a WM device.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby DNFjoe » Oct 31, 2006 @ 6:23pm

Chris,

I have the 2125, and I don't carry it regularly since dropping it once, I was lucky to only scratch the plastic and not the screen. That was why I was liking the 3125, with the flip I would not have to worry about that. I have a soft case I carry the 2125 in but it is large and bulky so I find I leave it in the car or on my desk more that wear it.

I guess all the smartphones still have a way to go to have the speed and connectivity (and features like better camera/optics).

I went with the Windows Mobile since I figured Bill could buy the entire market to get the majority share and bring the cell phone and computer lines together better. I never considered Blackberry devices, and I was considering a palm, but I was not loving the treo, and I wanted a 1.3 megapixel camera.

I bet in a couple of years I will still be wishing for more.

Joe
DNFjoe
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions