This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Websites browseable on PocketPc Internet Explorer

Websites browseable on PocketPc Internet Explorer

Postby Jeremy_Nevill » Jan 30, 2001 @ 9:51am

Hi,<br>I'm building up a directory of PocketPc browseable sites at .  I'm running the site with no graphics, no adverts and just links on to decent sites that display well on the PocketPc version of IE. <br><br>If anyone knows of some good sites tailored to the PocketPc browser then please let us know and we'll add it the the directory.  My faves so far are the BBC news site, the Onion and also the Ministry of Sound radio stream.  <br><br>We use the IPAQ with a compaq wireless network card... works a treat ;-)<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Jeremy<br>
Jeremy_Nevill
pm Member

Re: Websites browseable on PocketPc Internet Explorer

Postby Matt Keys » Jan 30, 2001 @ 11:49am

Beleive it or not the site you just posted on is optimized for the PockePC. We used some special coding techniqes that let us decide what is and isnt shown while on pocketIE. If you are interested in using these methods on your site, click the developer link at the top.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Jeremy_Nevill » Jan 30, 2001 @ 12:04pm

Cool, I've got you in the directory under the PocketPc Sites category.<br><br>I'll check out the dev area as I'm retrocoding my portal template to work with the PocketPc and need a bit of assistance.<br><br>Thanks!<br>
Jeremy_Nevill
pm Member

Postby furimonkey » Feb 8, 2001 @ 2:12am

I'm writing this from my em500. Landscape mode is a definite neccessity.  Anyways, I tried<br> your site and the links just refresh the site and i have to close PIE inorder to fix it.
furimonkey

Postby Jeremy_Nevill » Feb 8, 2001 @ 4:40am

Hi,<br>Can you tell me which link is not working and I'll take a look.  I've checked the site with the Pocket PC Emulator and with my Ipaq without probs... still that never proves it works on all machines (thank god we don't have Netscape on the PocketPc ;-)  )<br><br>Thanks for your comments,<br><br>Jeremy Nevill
Jeremy_Nevill
pm Member

Postby Dr. Phat » Feb 24, 2001 @ 3:15pm

hehe Netscape sucks, and no matter how much I hate to endorse a MS product, IE really isn't that bad.
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Chris Edwards » Feb 25, 2001 @ 11:58pm

After using netscape with linux on this site for a while I understand your pain.<br><br>I am working on fixing the site all up.<br><br>Chris
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions