This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

minimo 0.2 for WM5/6 ONLY... Why the hell?

minimo 0.2 for WM5/6 ONLY... Why the hell?

Postby Rizlo+ » Apr 2, 2007 @ 1:42pm

I'm completely disappointed...It seems that minimo 0.2 and future releases will run only on WM5-6 devices.

I want to know WHY. I doubt there are technical issues around this decision.

On their website they say, "if you have older devices download 0.016" ... :evil: 0.016 it's a developing software is full of bugs is very unstable lot of speed and compatibility issues and more... Add to this the fact that most WM2003 users WON'T be able to upgrade their device in any way.

I think that this decision is completely off the opensource way of developing/thinking.

Boys think about firefox2 for PC. It runs on very old hardware on light linux distros (like damn small linux, feather linux, puppy linux) or under old version of windows.

Why the hell they have done this? This is exacly the Microsoft policy, that choose to develop deepfish only for WM5/6, but from microsoft I would expect it, not from an opensource community... Yeah I know minimo is not the mozilla developing team but this is very strange and uncommon, I suspect they got money from MS to do this very bad thing
:twisted: :twisted:
What do you think?
I will write soon a mail to minimo developers asking WHY
Rizlo+
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Apr 2, 2007 @ 6:52pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Rizlo+ » Apr 2, 2007 @ 9:19pm

Rizlo+
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions