This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

New HP Jornadas Announced

New HP Jornadas Announced

Postby Tim_Reeves » Mar 21, 2001 @ 11:12pm

According to , 2 new Jornadas have just been announced by Hewlett-Packard. The Jornada 525, which comes with 16MB(wha...?) which will retail around $425 US dollars. Also announced was a Jornada 710, which runs the H/PC Pro OS and looks like a miniture laptop(Possibly competition with the Sony Picturebook?). Both are expected to be released in early April<br><br>Personally, I think this WOULD have been a good move my HP IF they made the right units. The HPC is a good Idea, but the 525 sounds like HP wants Entry-Level PDA users to recruit to Pocket Pc. What ever happened to the iPaq killer?<br>Last modification: Tim Reeves - 03/21/01 at 20:12:01
Tim Reeves
Tim_Reeves
pm Member

Re: New HP Jornadas Announced

Postby Dan East » Mar 22, 2001 @ 1:06am

I hope they have enough sense to put a D-Pad on their next device.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 22, 2001 @ 7:28am

Jornadas are meant as a pure business machine. And for business they don't need a D-Pad, a processor more powerful, or much more RAM than 16MB. That would hold all the calendar info for 4+ years, hundreds of contacts, thousands of notes, and a couple word\excel\powerpoint files. My brother thinks he's all swave with his Jornada. Flips up that screen, looks up a contact, then takes out his cell phone that is smaller than the palm of a dogs paw.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Tim_Reeves » Mar 22, 2001 @ 3:32pm

Looks like your wish will remain ungranted Image<br>Photo Courtesy of Microsoft<br>Looks like all they did was change the face. Hopefully the screen was made with a different type or something. It looks better than the previous screen, so maybeLast modification: Tim Reeves - 03/22/01 at 12:32:51
Tim Reeves
Tim_Reeves
pm Member

Postby Tim_Reeves » Mar 22, 2001 @ 4:35pm

Oops....my bad;) <br>Correction: The Retail Price of the Jornada 525 is $350 instead of $425...<br><br>Hey, we all make mistakes;)
Tim Reeves
Tim_Reeves
pm Member

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions