This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Wireless home networks on a Ipaq?

Wireless home networks on a Ipaq?

Postby Joe Dawson » Mar 25, 2001 @ 1:23pm

I want to buy some wireless 3com gear for home.<br><br>Anyone know if the Ipaq PCMCIA slot will work with wireless lan cards?<br><br>(Compaq makes comment of the airconenct stuff but that is not home lan wireless that is more connecting to the cell phone network wireless.  I am not intrested in doing this because that requires a montly fee and has a very slow connect speed.  I am looking for the 11 MB home network wireless technology.)<br><br>
Joe Dawson

Re: Wireless home networks on a Ipaq?

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 25, 2001 @ 3:25pm

I'm guessing that they will all work correctly. I always assumed so<br><br>But to immediately bring this thread off topic, will the VNC software work with PocketPCs (WinCE 3.x) ? I went the to main website and all that was there was for home OSes and CE 2.x. If it is available where can I find it?
Moose or Chuck

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 26, 2001 @ 1:35am

www.conduits.com has a pocket pc version of vnc.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris Edwards » Mar 26, 2001 @ 1:36am

Most wirless lan cards will work with the ipaq.. there are a few that take a short while to get setup though, such as the linksys.
Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder

Postby Joe Dawson » Mar 26, 2001 @ 8:16am

Ok Chris.... You say most wireless cards work with the ipaq and that ther are a few that ta a short while to get setup.<br><br>What ones do you think are the best and you know work and are easy to setup?<br><br>
Joe Dawson

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions