This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

SNES on a Casio e125

SNES on a Casio e125

Postby k4 » Mar 14, 2001 @ 8:50pm

Anyone had any luck making it run. i notice its pretty choppy.
k4

Re: SNES on a Casio e125

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 15, 2001 @ 8:12am

www.pocketsnes.com<br>It runs fine on mine at 3,4, maybe 5 frame skip depending on how fast the game should run.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Mar 30, 2001 @ 7:01pm

nah, you should get TWSFC, its much faster.  Or even better, you could search for someone with the original snesce (which is super fast) and have them mail it to you.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Dr. Phat » Mar 31, 2001 @ 4:33pm

jay, isnt that for CE 1?
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Jaybot » Mar 31, 2001 @ 7:45pm

no, that's the first released version on twsfc, snesce, was what it was called before Sukon (the author) named it.  It's very fast, because it didn't implement any options, there was no transparency support, and not all the buttons were mapped correctly... BUT it plays very well, and very smooth and I use this version most of the time, unles I get stuck, them I switch to TWSFC (which uses the same save games) and get past the stuck part, and switch back.  PocketSNES is just too slow for me now.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Mar 31, 2001 @ 8:32pm

I overclocked my Casio, PocketSNES runs at 2 Frame Skips, PocketNES runs at 0. It's great, but it is still a little slow at those, not as fast as the original. But that way I can cheat with a slow mo type of gameplay. (No, it's not that slow. it's playable actually).
Moose or Chuck

Postby TrentDoan » Apr 16, 2001 @ 4:16pm

can anyone who has the aforementioned SNESCE send it to me?  One question, does it work on an IPAQ?<br><br>trenton@runbox.com
TrentDoan

Postby Jaybot » Apr 17, 2001 @ 2:16am

I don't know about snesce for Ipaq (I only have the MIPS version), but I did a lot of scouring on the net for the oldest (hence, fastest) version of TWSFC I could find.  I was able to find the first version on TWSFC, which supports transparencies and remapped the buttons without much of a sacrifice for speed.  In fact, I've had a couple of Ipaq owners say that it tuns full speed on the Ipaq.  Whetether it's playable (aside from RPGs) or not is debatable.  These new (actually old) links have just now been added to the pocketgamer.org site under game listsings, emulation, snes, twsfc.  You should be able to find the link from there. :)<br><br>Oh, and this is the most playable (and fastest) SNES on the Casio, hands down.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Dr. Phat » Apr 17, 2001 @ 4:27am

why not just play the games on your snes?
Mike Greene
"Quanti est illa perna?" (How much is that ham)
Dr. Phat
the <i>phattest</i>

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 17, 2001 @ 4:31am

Because you cant take your snes around with you in your pocket. Well, unless you had some really big pockets...Anyways, it is just the added functionality that makes the PocketPC better than the Palm.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » Apr 17, 2001 @ 7:19am

Matt, you're supposed to carry around your portable SNES system, consisting of the SNES console, 13" color TV, 12v car battery, and 110v AC power inverter - just like Phat does! Don't forget your backpack full of cartridges and controllers!<br><br>Dan East<br><br>Last modification: Dan East - 04/17/01 at 04:19:13
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 17, 2001 @ 8:45am

well i'vve found that ya snes is awsome, but the PC Engine emu is way faster, and is still a 16-bit system. I play bomberman '94(the best bomberman ever) and afterburner 2 and other stuff. It is alot more playable than the snes emu's on my casio. Someday somebody will get the games runnin at a good fps but until then, i'm stickin with turbo Grafx 16
Moose or Chuck

Return to Windows Mobile

Sort

Forum Description

General Windows Mobile discussion for end-users. Hardware, software, etc. This is also the forum to post your product announcements and other news.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge, Kevin Gelso, RICoder, Chris Edwards

Forum permissions