PopCap Games, the world’s leading developer of casual games is growing! We are an exciting, fun, start up company with a dynamic culture located in downtown Seattle. We offer our employees the opportunity to be an integral part of a growing company that is already one of the most well-known names in the casual gaming world.
PopCap Games is looking for an experienced Game Producer. Main job function will be to oversee the production of game titles being developed by off-site teams on a variety of platforms. Projects will include ports of existing PopCap titles to new platforms as well as new products that expand upon some of our most successful titles.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a small number of projects at one time, ensuring that each product takes full advantage of the target platform and meets PopCap’s uncompromising quality standards.
Major Job Duties:
• Work with in-house development teams to understand the “soul” of an existing game and then identify the modifications and new features that will best take advantage of target platforms
• Create specifications to communicate a project’s vision, budget, and schedule to off-site development teams
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure projects are being developed on time, on budget, and at an acceptable level of quality and polish
• Bridge the gap between PopCap’s internal studio and outside developers by communicating creative feedback, bugs, and schedule expectations between the two teams
• 2+ years of experience as a producer or project manager in the games industry
• A good understanding of games, with the ability to identify flaws in design, art, and “feel”
• Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback
• Good understanding of the game development process, from planning and budgeting through final release
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Casual game industry experience
• Experience managing console projects, especially through outsource developers
PopCap offers competitive salaries and the following comprehensive benefits:
• Health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance.
• 401k matching, profit sharing, bonuses, and stock options.
• Transportation allowance, education reimbursement, charitable gift matching.
For immediate consideration please forward resume, outline of relevant experience with any links or online portfolios, etc, current and expected salary along with availability for a phone conversation to Andrea Clarke - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to forward to others that may be interested.
- for PopCap Games