Senior Game Developer – Xbox 360 Dev Lead
PopCap Games®, the world’s leading developer of casual games is growing! We are an exciting, fun, Start-up Company with a dynamic culture located in downtown Seattle. We offer our employees the opportunity to be an integral part of a growing company that is already one of the most well-known names in the casual gaming world.
We are currently looking for a Senior Game Developer to help us bring our wildly popular casual games to the Xbox 360 Live Arcade. As with all developers at PopCap, candidates must have a strong sense of game design, be passionate and self-driven, and eager to make independent contributions outside their "official job description."
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a small team of developers to bring adaptations of PopCap's most popular games to the Xbox 360. Team responsibilities will include: building and maintaining an Xbox version of the PopCap framework, adapting all aspects of existing titles to truly shine on the Xbox 360, and extending those titles to add new features such as visual effects, multiplayer modes, camera support, widescreen, and downloadable content.
As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for working with a producer to plan projects and oversee ongoing development efforts. You will also be expected to make significant contributions to the code base – strong technical and leadership skills are a must.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years C/C++ programming and object oriented design.
• Experience shipping multiple console titles, including at least one title on current generation hardware.
• Strong knowledge of Xbox API's and technologies (Direct3D, XAudio, etc)
• Familiarity with requirements and practices (TCR's, achievements, localization, etc) necessary to pass platform certification.
• Ability to build modular, reusable libraries and API's in shipping code.
• Detail-oriented, with a passion for game and interface design.
Bonus Points For:
• Experience designing and building multiplayer game architectures.
• An understanding of the casual game industry and demographics.
• Experience shipping titles for Xbox Live Arcade distribution.
• 2+ years of lead/management experience.
• Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Design, or related preferred
PopCap offers competitive salaries and the following comprehensive benefits:
• Health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance.
• 401k matching, profit sharing, bonuses, and stock options.
• Transportation allowance, education reimbursement, charitable gift matching.
For immediate consideration please forward resume, outline of relevant experience with any links or online portfolios, etc, current and expected salary along with availability for a phone conversation to Andrea Clarke - email@example.com
Please feel free to forward to others that may be interested.
- for PopCap Games