This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Pocket Wolf3D 0.2 Released

Pocket Wolf3D 0.2 Released

Postby Dan East » Dec 4, 2001 @ 9:44pm

Dan East
Site Admin

Re: Pocket Wolf3D 0.2 Released

Postby Dan East » Dec 4, 2001 @ 9:55pm

Here's a screenshot off of my iPaq:<br><br>Image<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby RwGast » Dec 5, 2001 @ 1:50am

Thanks Dan. :)
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby guest » Dec 5, 2001 @ 3:59am

dex-plor.com does not resolve for me, can someone give me the site's IP address? Thanks!

Postby sponge » Dec 5, 2001 @ 7:29am

Is it possible to have a virtual pad? Fire is activated by action button, open is activated by tapping on the face, config activated by record button, and have the weapon box divided into sections to goto next\prev weap. At least you can press arrows and action at the same time on the iPaq...<br><br>-sponge
sponge

Postby Dan East » Dec 5, 2001 @ 9:03am

guest, that's odd! Are you still having troubles? You can try http://128.121.123.89/dex-plor.com<br><br>Sponge, take a look at the screenshot! The skin below the status bar provides access to Quit, Cfg, Open/Use, Fire, and selection of the 4 weapon types. That is one of the major improvements from v0.2 to v0.1.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Kevin » Dec 5, 2001 @ 2:07pm

I had an idea that could make the controls a little easier.<br><br>Split the wolf screen in have when it comes to mouse look.  The top half could be the normal mouse look that you are doing now. The bottom half would be a combo mouse look then shoot.  That way when you see a enemy you could click on them and you would line yourself up then shoot. It might help overcome the disadvantages of the ipaqs clunky buttons for shooting.<br><br>:-)<br><br>Nice work btw!!  It is truly amazing.
Kevin

Postby R0B » Dec 5, 2001 @ 5:20pm

Hay, what about the 720 version.  If you wan't, I can use your source, as a bunch of ifdef, so it compiles for both and then send it back.  Please, don't keep us 720 users out in the dust.
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Dan East » Dec 5, 2001 @ 10:38pm

As with Pocket Quake, I will achieve a minimal level of completion to the port before I release the source, so that there are not immediately several hybrid versions of the source floating around. I am almost done supporting the original Wolfenstein demo and registered version, in addition to the initial Spear of Destiny demo support. At that time I will release the source. It will be within a week.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby RwGast » Dec 6, 2001 @ 12:53am

Hey Dan are you planning on porting full versions too, or are you gonna leave that up to us little people?
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/esoteric if you like to play quake3 keep your eye on this site
RwGast
pm Member

Postby Dan East » Dec 6, 2001 @ 1:34am

Yes. Maybe not the registered version of SOD as I do not have it. So far for the shareware version of Wolfenstein I've had to pull up the images in a Wolf map editor so I could adjust the image indices. I don't know why the include file distributed by id Software doesn't match the data file, but it doesn't. Shareware and full of the original Wolfenstein should be ready tomorrow. You will of course have to use your own datafiles for the registered version. :)<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby NYIllustrator » Dec 6, 2001 @ 3:55pm

Alright! REGISTERED HERE I COME!

NYIllustrator
pm Insider

Postby Warren » Dec 7, 2001 @ 12:17pm

The screenshot looks SOOOO good!! AHH! *hugs Dan*<br><br>I just have one question, and I hope I'm wrong on this too, but doesn't "Feuer" in German mean fire, as in a burning fire, not the firing of a gun? I don't know because I don't speak German, but I do know feuer, and that means fire as in burning fire.<br><br>Oh, and I remember that part in Wolfenstein 3D, if you kill the ss guy, then go to the rear of the red island, there may be another guy inside the island, kill him, then turn around, and I think there's a secret passage on the wall opposite of where the guard was.
Warren
pm Insider

Postby Blade » Dec 7, 2001 @ 2:08pm

Hi Warren<br><br>Yes "Feuer" means Fire in german<br>But you can say "Feuer" as an commando too...<br>for Example you have a gun and i tell you "Feuer"<br>Its like in english when you say Fireing a gun (hope thats correct...)<br><br>Blade
Quake Rulez :D
Blade
pm Member

Postby Warren » Dec 7, 2001 @ 4:26pm

Ahh, ok, I just wasn't sure. I'm gonna be taking German in college, along with Russian, and I'm taking French right now.
Warren
pm Insider

Next

Return to Pocket Wolf

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port by Dan East of the original Wolf game.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions