This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A request to Dan East

A request to Dan East

Postby TechMage » Nov 29, 2001 @ 2:12am

Please make a port of PocketWolf3D for Casio's   BE-300 Pocket Manager, HP Jornada 720 and 820 Handheld PCs, and any other Windows CE devices which can handle such a game.  These devices are kind of like the quiet kid at school, who no one notices.  But many people own them and it sucks how they get left out by developers.  So please Dan East, make ports for these ignored but worthy little devices!
TechMage
pm Insider

Re: A request to Dan East

Postby suchiaruzu » Nov 29, 2001 @ 9:22am

i have broken one of my fingers and can barely type, but this has to be said:<br>screw off and port it yourself, you moron
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Blade » Nov 29, 2001 @ 11:33am

YEAH!<br>Right Shapeshifter!
Quake Rulez :D
Blade
pm Member

Postby TechMage » Nov 29, 2001 @ 3:18pm

Shut the hell up, Shapeshifter!  I was just asking, you fricking moron!  If Dan does not have time, then thats fine, but I don't need opinionated little shits like you telling me.  You guys are all little shit heads.  I ask you to post nice worthwhile stuff on this thread and already you have turned it into another fricking argentum forum!
TechMage
pm Insider

Postby sponge » Nov 29, 2001 @ 3:33pm

And you, TechMage, have simply pushed it on farther. I don't want to speak for Dan, but I remember him saying he'll release the PPC ports, and release the source for ports to the other Jornadas, like PocketQuake now. I bet he has enough on his hands already with his new File Explorer program (which looks quite nice BTW)<br><br>You ask (with the impression you own the forum) for everyone to be nice, and you curse everyone off. I agree with Shapeshifter here, especially after that last message...
sponge

Postby TechMage » Nov 29, 2001 @ 3:40pm

Why do I waste my time? I would have better luck talking to pre-schoolers. Hey Chris, please just delete all my threads I posted in the Pocket Wolf3D forum, none of them are worth a damn.
TechMage
pm Insider

Postby TechMage » Nov 29, 2001 @ 4:01pm

Don't even start, monkey boy!
TechMage
pm Insider

Postby Bjorn Keizers » Nov 29, 2001 @ 4:13pm

Fight! fight! fight!<br><br>Don't make me turn the hose on you people!
Bjorn Keizers

Postby John Lomax » Nov 29, 2001 @ 4:13pm

Hehe, Atleast were not getting this in the Argentum board now :)<br><br>Seriously though, Techmage has a point in that other devices do get left behind, but Im sure once Dan posts up the source, other people can port it to other devices fairly easily. A little patience is called for :)<br><br>- John.
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Matt Keys » Nov 29, 2001 @ 4:43pm

Gonna lock this one.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Dan East » Jan 28, 2002 @ 3:45am

I would be happy to support every device made. BUT, 98% of the time device-specific tweaking must be performed by debugging directly on the hardware. The only Pocket PC I have access to is my iPaq 3630. Hence everything I produce will always work on that hardware. Randall sent me a loaner Casio Pocket PC, and that is why pWolf runs on those devices. I am finding more and more that I need additional devices to test on, but I do not have the resources to obtain them. One would think that the OEMs would be quick to recognize developers and companies that are producing Pocket PC software of substance, and provide them with hardware so their devices will be supported as well. After all, they are the ones that look bad in the end when only a small fraction of the available software will run properly on their hardware.

Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Jan 28, 2002 @ 4:13am

Thanks for the reply Dan, I totally understand, I would send my BE-300 to you if I could... but, I guess I'll have to do without wolf3d/quake on my handheld :wink:

Postby Jadam » Aug 11, 2002 @ 6:34am

Jadam
I'm a STAR!

Postby benkenobi0 » Aug 11, 2002 @ 6:54am

benkenobi0
pm Insider

Postby Courtney White » Aug 13, 2002 @ 7:39am

Courtney White
Bandwidth Hijacker

Next

Return to Pocket Wolf

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port by Dan East of the original Wolf game.

Moderators:

Dan East, sponge

Forum permissions