sound_thread_priority has been renamed CE_sound_thread_priority in this release, and must be specified in the game section ... don't know if that helps, but there is no way to fiddle with the sound buffer size as a configuration parameter for the moment - I'll do some tests to see what's the problem with Digital Imuse, because I have noticed some hickups with The Dig on my A620 while my Ipaq 3630 plays it perfectly, which is a bit puzzling
CE_sound_thread_priority is what I have used, and I've put it in both the game section and scumm section, but whatever number I specified, I couldn't hear any difference. What are the numers I should try? Positives? Negatives? Zero? Bigger than 10? Bigger than 100? At first I thought the CPU is being overwhelmed with decoding too many sound streams, or that SD card is too slow to stream all that, so I removed the big music file, leaving only the voices. But it changed nothing! Small skips were still here and there, just as before. So I switched the music file back, as the game is much nicer with it It's not a big deal, hickups are not annoying, especially since the music in the background seems to play smoothly. My best guess is that it might be solved just by increasing the sound buffer slighty, because it just sounds like one of those things that you can do in emulators to get rid of such problem.
otherwise the error message with a path in it doesn't sound too good, it looks like a failed assertion in the engine code - you should give me the exact message, and check that your game files are not corrupted in case this isn't an engine bug.
Elfbs has gave you everything I could at this point. He has experienced exact same problems I did, and saw the exact same error message. It's good to know sound static is fixable, I'll see how much it slows down on my h1945 when I enable high quality FM. It's great that Elfbs even found the workaround for the crashing bug in FOTAQ, but that seems like something that would be pretty easy to fix. You now know the exact cpp file where it occurs, and the string to search for The only thing I can still test, is to try the talkie version of FOTAQ, as well as non-talkie version, to make sure if it crashes with both.