This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Compressed Broken Sword?

Compressed Broken Sword?

Postby MagooChris » Aug 8, 2005 @ 4:21pm

Hello, I'm woundering if the Compressed versions of the Broken Sword sounds are available for the Pocket Scumm? I was hoping to be able to fit Broken Sword (one at a time) on a one gig SD card including all sounds and cutsceens. I have both the tutorial to compress the video's to be smaller for PPC and the readme for ScummVM. If Pocket Scumm does allow any of these compressed versions, what is the optimal setting? (mp3 or ogg and bitrates)

Sorry for being a pain, it's just hard not to get excited about being able to play some REALLY good games on the PPC!
MagooChris
pm Member

Postby robomop » Sep 15, 2005 @ 8:09pm

few things you can compress all the music files down to about 35mb just batch covert them to mp3 delete *.wav
(pocket)scumm will use them insted
(best tools for the job lame/razorlame)

There is another way download the offical scumm tools this includes a tool to compress all the bs sound files (will need lame.exe) this also compresses the speach1.clu and speach2.clu files from 665mb to 138mb

using this with the mpeg movies from the scumm page will bring the whole game to about 340mb not bad leaving plenty of space on my 1GB SD card :wink:

Works fine on pc But ... :evil: pocket scumm dose not seem to play the new compressed clu files (cl3) I cant see anything in docs about it so its proably just not supported if you can put up with reading small text on screen just dont include the CLU files at all.
robomop
pm Member

Postby Arisme » Oct 9, 2005 @ 11:04pm

Arisme
pm Insider

Return to Pocket Scumm

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss this port of ScummVM for the Pocket PC.

Moderators:

sponge, Arisme, andys

Forum permissions