This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

New Site

New Site

Postby Presto » Mar 24, 2003 @ 8:32pm

Hey Guys,

I finished Dr. Pocket yesterday, and will release it soon. But... Given my lack of marketing with Pod, which has only sold 2 copies, I decided to go with a new website that might help the software sell itself a little better.

The site is: http://www.pocketadventures.com

I need to bring Pod into the fold, but I plan to give it an overhaul first. I don't believe it really had any problems, and it never had any negative reviews, but I don't think people wanted to buy a game developed by www.john-till.net Of course, it was only downloaded 37 times (26 ARM, 11 MIPS) from Handango, so 99% of the people out there probably don't know it exists. That'll change once I add multi-player to it. =)

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think of the new site. Dr. Pocket should be out in a few days for your enjoyment. =)

Thanks,
-John

Oh yeah, if you check it out with Pocket IE, you'll see a different set of pages designed just for PIE.
Presto
pm Insider

Postby damian » Mar 25, 2003 @ 3:43am

Not bad... you might want to change the title graphics, though. A bit too color-happy there.
damian
pm Insider

Postby draklava » Mar 26, 2003 @ 10:21pm

Heh - looks pretty official - like a real company :P

My game page for DevilDarts is at

It is not a company page (although DivineVibe is my own domain and could be my "company") it is more like a one off site for the game itself.

I wonder if people think about that before buying a game or not... some developers boast 100+ sales per month - I have not had a 100 total in almost 6 months being on the market - I don't know if it is because of poor marketing of because people don't really want to play darts on the pocketPC.

All my reviews have been pretty decent - not sure what the deal is there
draklava
pm Member

Postby HTK » Mar 27, 2003 @ 3:58am

HTK
pm Member

Postby adde » Mar 27, 2003 @ 11:04am

adde
pm Member

why sell games?

Postby Conan » Mar 27, 2003 @ 2:22pm

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions