This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Compiling to x86 instead of to PPC2k2

Compiling to x86 instead of to PPC2k2

Postby telamon » Jun 16, 2003 @ 9:34pm

So just the other day I discovered that I could use PocketFrog to compile to x86 and run the sample apps right on my desktop (not in the emulator) - that is totally sweet! So I tried compiling the game I was working on to run on my desktop, and it worked fine - but the game crashes early in the initialization state (the debugger always stops at the prototype for SetMask - saying it's an access violation) This makes no sense to me at all. I don't really know where to start on fixing this - what kind of things will run ok on a PPC but not on a desktop? My game doesn't use any other third party libs or STL or anything complicated.

I thought about the possibility that the bug exists in both the PPC and x86 compiled code, and only asserts itself on the x86 - but this seems very unlikely given that it crashes only five or six lines into my GameInit routine - which does nothing more than load some textures. I have an inkling it might have something to do with LoadImage - but I don't know. Any suggestions?
--------------------------------
Let be be finale of seem, seems to me.
--------------------------------
telamon
pm Member

Postby Conan » Jun 16, 2003 @ 11:19pm

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions