This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Want Feedback - early game test

Want Feedback - early game test

Postby fast_rx » Aug 23, 2003 @ 3:51am

I've been working on a game that uses a rotatable tile field. I mentioned having problems a while back with devices that did not have the "north" pointed displays like the 3600 ipaqs. I think I've got those issues fixed by adding a couple of additional methods that lock and unlock without doing the rotating (swizzling) and setting my pixels according to the screen orentation.

Anyone interested can download the pre-compiled (for ARM) executable from the PF file exchange:
. File name is Lejjodemo.exe. Please reply here with comments, problems, frame rates, etc. I guess I want to get an idea of what you all think so I can get motivated to finish.

The built-in level is crappy, but I haven't sat down and done a real one. Mainly because I want to re-do the tileset and also add code to make color-coded doors open when the right color key is found...

Thanks,
Jason
fast_rx
pm Member

Postby StephC » Aug 23, 2003 @ 6:19am

35FPS on ipaq 3700.

I do not understand the gameplay but it seems to be fun and "cool".

I think pocketpc scene needs more games like that.
StephC
pm Insider

Postby DillRye » Aug 23, 2003 @ 8:08am

I get between 20-25 fps on my Axim 400mhz. I too do not understand what you are suppose to do in this game.
DillRye
pm Insider

Insteresting idea

Postby Invincible » Aug 23, 2003 @ 9:10am

I like the gameplay...
30-32fps on the ipaq2210
Invincible
pm Member

Postby drgoldie » Aug 23, 2003 @ 10:28am

i've got around ~36fps on an iPAQ 3970 running PPC2003 and ~42fps when overclocking to 478MHz.

cool game, although the gameplay itself seems to be a little bit missing still. i'd suggest a (maybe optional) mode without interlacing though. i think i'd rather play with 20Hz non-interlaced than 42Hz interlaced...

good work!
DANIEL
drgoldie
pm Member

Postby fzammetti » Aug 23, 2003 @ 1:27pm

Well, I can't test your game without a MIPS build (which doesn't sound likely based on the frame rates posted here)...

I'm just happy to know the file exchange is being used :)
...and so I said to Mr. Gates: "$640 billion should be enough for anyone!"
fzammetti
pm Insider

Postby fast_rx » Aug 23, 2003 @ 2:35pm

Thanks for all the quick responses...

I will be working on some more gameplay elements, but it's never going to be more than a "get the blob to the finish line before time runs out" game.

drgoldie, non-interlaced mode is coded and works, but I don't have the menu system made up. I don't forsee any problem with the physics of the game at a higher than 20 FPS rate, but there are definite problems when it gets lower than that.
fast_rx
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions