I said soon... And I meant soon =)
You can now download Alpha V3:
Report back comments/errors/problems here.
Please take note of the following:
1) Optimizations are not enabled. This version is expected to be slower then 0.7.5 in most cases.
2) The Palm version doesn't have ARM optimizations enabled.
3) Synchronization with the refresh rate (VSYNC) won't work on any device.
4) SetViewport() won't work in most cases (the whole screen will be updated each time).
5) Performances on Palm are very low. This release is for compatibility testing.
- DirectX support
- Fullscreen and windowed modes on the PC
- Fixed crash: Display::Create() would fail on the IPAQ 4350.
- WM2003 SE VGA support
- Added windowed mode support
- If you open a non-hires aware screen in VGA mode (on a VGA device),
the mouse input coordinates won't be scaled properly.
- Display orientation changes now supported on Symbian Serie 60 and
- New Palm OS support! Color Palm OS 3.5 and above devices are all
expected to work with PocketHAL.
- Minimal Dynamic Area Input (DIA) support is included (ie: it works,
but you can't control the display of the control bar and input area).
- There is no input-related functionality (GetKeyList() doesn't return
any key code and key locking/unlocking is in your hands).