This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Deploying to Pocket Frog Emu PPC...

Deploying to Pocket Frog Emu PPC...

Postby madvox » Jul 25, 2005 @ 3:42am

madvox
pm Member

Postby liger » Jul 25, 2005 @ 5:32am

I'm very new to PPC programming and programming in a microsoft environment in general so I don't know if this will help. I believe that there are only two emulators available though. PPC 2000 and PPC 2002 and they say that PPC 2002 is more reliable. I was having some linking problems when I tried to compile for the emulator, but I followed some instructions from nemanja dizdarevic and they worked for me. Take a look at this thread

Maybe you have already done all this, but maybe it will help. Good luck.
liger
pm Member

Postby spacebrawl » Jul 25, 2005 @ 5:39pm

spacebrawl
pm Member

Thanks

Postby madvox » Jul 26, 2005 @ 12:38am

Thank you both. This did take me farther. The article on building the emulator brought me very close. However, the program still loads the PPC 2003 Microsoft emulator instead. I am not sure why. Other than that, everything compiles good and I did build the EMU libraries successfully. But when I run the game, it loads the PPC 2003 Standard emulator which does not support GAPI. No idea why...

Regarding the 2005 Emulator from MS, I certainly did not know that either. I am downloading it right now. Perhaps this is a better option for me given the MS libraries I am using. I do not use .NET for this type of development. I know I could but I will wait for .NET Framework 2.0 to try. Even so, I will probably not do it. I use .NET for business and web development. For games, even though I know well that you can use either the new framework for mobile development and/or DirectX 9.x with managed extensions for C#, I just don't like managed code for my games. I rather do all the managing myself :)

Anyway, thanks again for your help, both of you.
Madvox
madvox
pm Member

Re: Thanks

Postby spacebrawl » Jul 26, 2005 @ 6:19am

spacebrawl
pm Member

Postby madvox » Jul 27, 2005 @ 1:41am

madvox
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions