This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Problem with image loading in the future?

Problem with image loading in the future?

Postby Slim » Aug 16, 2005 @ 1:13pm

Slim
pm Member

Postby muff » Sep 3, 2005 @ 5:14am

yes, in Windows Mobile 5 they have knackered imgdecmp.dll (or at least it's likely to fail with current hacks)

but the replacement code is not that difficult and there is a sample in the new SDK's that means it can be up and running pretty quickly (I got it up and running in less than an hour in my non-PF environment)

so I dont think that patching a fix into PF will take long
muff

Postby oliverzy » Sep 9, 2005 @ 8:38am

yes, I have encountered this problem in my new Windows Mobile 2005.At first I thought PocketHAL doesn't support Mobile 2005, at last I found the DecompressImage function cause a infinite loop when it load image.Now I use SHLoadImageFile to replace it,it works well.
oliverzy

Postby muff » Sep 16, 2005 @ 9:14pm

muff

WM2005 stuff...

Postby Birdiestyle » Sep 26, 2005 @ 3:13pm

A <a href="http://www.birdsoft.biz">bird</a> in the hand...
Birdiestyle
pm Member

Postby Presto » Sep 26, 2005 @ 5:16pm

I'd be interested in hearing a solution too... Since the pre-2003(?) OS doesn't have SHLoadImageFile and the new 2005 OS doesn't have imgdecmp.dll, has anyone tweaked PF to load using one or the other, based on what's available?

-John
Presto
pm Insider

Postby muff » Sep 28, 2005 @ 10:42am

personally I created a separate code path for each OS (switches based on defines) and compile for each OS separately - not ideal, but works

and there are loads of other things to be aware of that are WM5 only, hires support, screen rotation etc - so for me it made sense to create separate codepaths and compile for each OS separately
muff

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions