This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Is there any tutorial about setting up PocketHAL in VS2005 ?

Is there any tutorial about setting up PocketHAL in VS2005 ?

Postby jarell » May 22, 2006 @ 4:42am

jarell
pm Member

Postby Conan » May 23, 2006 @ 3:27pm

There are quite a few related posts further down this forum about the time VS2005 was beta. Re: the emulator it's native code now so you don't need to build differently as such.

Looks like you have linked in the wrong PocketHAl if you are seeing the wrong version in your app.

It took me about 2 weeks to understand VS2005 enough to build/deploy/debug happily so take your time & it will come right.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby Presto » May 23, 2006 @ 4:33pm

It's PocketFROG version 0.8.1, using PocketHAL version 0.7.3. The SuperSample is a PocketFrog application that makes use of PocketHAL for display communication. PocketHAL is a library of functions for communicating with the display hardware. PocketFrog is a game framework that makes it simple to create games, since it has most of the low-level/common stuff done for you, such as game loop, input handlers, primitive objects, etc.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :)

-John
Presto
pm Insider

Postby jarell » May 23, 2006 @ 5:41pm

I think I can understand what you say.

but I still don't know how to biuld the Library correctly on VS2005 and use on Emulator. :roll:

to Conan:
I'm confuse about the library.

in eVC4, I have to build two version library for PPC & Emulator.that I can run & test my app on Emulator.

You mean...in VS2005 I don't have to build two version library like eVC4 ?
if I can biuld the library correctly and use it on PPC. then I can also use it on Emulator?

but how? I still can't get solution about those error message.
jarell
pm Member

Postby Conan » May 30, 2006 @ 10:41am

The emulator does not use a separate build in VS2005. That means that the code is the same and it is deployed to the emulator is a similar way to deploying to a device.

Do you have VS2005 fully set up & building the samples? There are several posts in this forum discussing how to do this so I'm not repeating that advice here. Just search this forum a few months ago.

If you have various different versions of PF/HAL installed then tidy them up so that the old version are out of the way (Zip them rather than delete) so you know what you are dealing with.

Get the basic samples working first before doing anything else.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions