This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Dummies guide for eVC4 + PF

Dummies guide for eVC4 + PF

Postby Guest » Aug 13, 2006 @ 3:13am

I've been reading lots of posts on this forum, trying to get some info on how to get a programming environment set up for compiling programs on both emulator and ppc.

No luck..

Here's what I've installed:
-eVC4
-eVC4 SP4
-PPC 2003 SDK
-Pocketfrog 0.8.1

So I open the workspace and try to compile something in the emulator, then this message pops up: "The Intel 80486 CPU does not support configuration Blit - Win32(WCE ARMV4) Release! Executable will not run on device." I thought the emu would emulate whichever cpu the config told it to.

Next, I try compiling for my WM5 device, and sending the files via Activesync works fine, but then I get the message "The ARMSA1100 CPU does not support configuration Blit - Win32(WCE ARMV4) Release! Executable will not run on device."

-_-

From what I've gathered, eVC4 is what I need to compile for WM2003/WM5. Or VS2005, which I can't afford.

Can anyone correct me, and perhaps post a step-by-step tutorial on getting eVC4+PF to work?

Postby Guest » Aug 13, 2006 @ 3:34am

About the warning "The ARMSA1100 CPU does not support..", I got the Hello World example that comes with eVC4 to work on my WM5 device (i-mate jamin)..

But blit.exe compiled with pocketfrog workspace crashes the device, and I have to soft reset

Postby Conan » Aug 16, 2006 @ 7:21am

I see no one has replied to this one.
Error messages telling you 'platform not supported' etc are typical of what happens when getting started. You need to have all the correct options & know what you are doing. If you want to build for a particular option then you have to set up the eVC4 options for compile & link correctly for that option.

I suggest that you search in this forum for the error & read the articles on my website about using PF. Once you are sure you are set up properly then post back here. My PF site is
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby fast_rx » Aug 17, 2006 @ 2:50am

fast_rx
pm Member

Postby Guest » Aug 17, 2006 @ 8:35pm

Postby Presto » Aug 17, 2006 @ 9:32pm

Presto
pm Insider

Postby Conan » Aug 18, 2006 @ 1:51pm

re: Hekkus, yes it works fine with the latest 'patched for image loading' version of PF using Pocket Hal and builds & runs correctly on VS2005.
Always get the latest Hekkus from Thomas's site.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions