This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

I need guide regarding change orientation on-the-fly

I need guide regarding change orientation on-the-fly

Postby letmein » Oct 12, 2006 @ 5:46pm

I searched the forums and found several posts discussed this, they mentioned:

PocketFrog currently doesn't provide a method for this. But you can probably fake it by destroying the Display object inside the framework (class Game) and re-creating it.

The problem with you not beeing able to reinit the display has to do with the global pointers in pocketpc.cpp not beeing reset when the display gets destroyed. Please look at the following two links as they contain the info you need

can anyone provide me one sample for how to do this? I do delete/reset the global pointers in pocketpc.cpp, but still failed to change orientation on-the-fly
letmein
pm Member

Postby letmein » Oct 16, 2006 @ 8:50am

finally I got this issue resolved. I may post detailed information later. cheers!

Check this demo, click screen will change the screen between portrait and landscape on-the-fly. The only problem is: after change the orientation several times, the performance will drop. You may check the difference between FPS. I am now debuging this issue...
Attachments
Blit.rar
(38.29 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
letmein
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions