This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

SG Truco WM5 ready (?)

SG Truco WM5 ready (?)

Postby gfc » Dec 19, 2006 @ 3:11am

Hi, i just finish a new (beta) version of SG Truco.

I correct some minor bugs and make the required modifications to make it compatible with Windows Mobile 5 (Thanks Presto !!!!).

If anyone can help me testing it, please download from

It would be very nice if you can post here the results of the testing and the device used.

Thanks in advance !!!! :lol:
http://www.sporagames.com
Home of SG Truco
gfc
pm Member

Postby gfc » Jan 15, 2007 @ 12:51am

Hi folks, any results?? :?:
Home of SG Truco
gfc
pm Member

Postby gfc » Jan 20, 2007 @ 8:00pm

Home of SG Truco
gfc
pm Member

Postby fast_rx » Jan 21, 2007 @ 2:39am

So you're looking for pre wm5 devices now?

It runs ok on my axim x30 and shuts down without errors.

I won 11 to 7 and I don't know how to play... Seems a bit complex.
fast_rx
pm Member

Postby gfc » Jan 23, 2007 @ 1:06am

Thanks fast_rx !!! :lol:

It is (very) complex, but extremely popular in my country Argentina.
Home of SG Truco
gfc
pm Member

Postby ^Omega^ » Jan 23, 2007 @ 5:56am

Hola/Hello!

I've been testing it for a couple of weeks now, and it's quite good. These are the only problems I've found so far:

1) the computer never lies for the Truco (for the Envido there's no problem, apparently). If it's the third hand and you put a 2 on the table, for example, and the computer has something lower, she will always fold... she'll never pretend she has something bigger than that 2. So if she says Truco, Retruco or Quiero Vale 4, you know she'll kill your card.

2) sometimes you are in a position to say "Quiero Vale 4" and the button is missing, and you just have to play your card to win the game.
Or now that I think about it, she could have had the "Quiero". I'll pay more attention next time, but I felt it happened twice already.

3) some of the help messages could use a little 'polishing'.

4) ppc said Envido (there was sound), I challenged her with another Envido, she challenged me back with Envido the rest (but the sound wasn't played, it was mute). She lied here, she had 25 and I had 30.

Oh, and there's a bug that's limiting my gameplay to only 5 hands :roll: so I can't really test it properly. :lol: kidding.

My PDA runs Windows Mobile 2005, and I think you shouldn't worry much about older versions of the OS, because your truco v1.0 runs fine under older systems... what we need is a proper Truco for WM5. This trial version you set up to run under WM5 has never hung on me so far, so everything seems to be fine... but you know, I could help you test some more if I had more options enabled :wink:

Good game, keep it up.

Edit: oops, it just hung on me for the first time, right after I posted this message. I was playing like the 4th hand, and suddenly the game closed and took me back to Resco File Explorer. I'm using the old WM5 version. Haven't tried your latest beta yet.
^Omega^
pm Member

Postby maxmoore44 » Feb 6, 2007 @ 4:07pm

maxmoore44
pm Member

Postby ^Omega^ » Mar 8, 2007 @ 6:38am

^Omega^
pm Member

Postby ^Omega^ » Mar 19, 2007 @ 8:18am

problem nº3: what I said some posts back... in the first hand, after the machine said Truco, I accepted, so I had the "quiero" and there was no option to say "retruco", I just had to play the hand and never got the option to challenge the machine. This time I was paying attention, so it's another serious bug (the most serious one, which practically makes the game pointless, is the fact that the machine never lies for the truco and it's very easy to know what card she has, especially in the third hand).

This proyect's been very quiet lately... are you still developing the game?
^Omega^
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions