This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

pocketfrog/pockethal memory leaks out there?

pocketfrog/pockethal memory leaks out there?

Postby jaguard » Mar 11, 2007 @ 8:01pm

I have two users, reporting that our games leak memory on their devices. One of them even said, that there are other games with such problems(he said atlantis:redux has the same thing). As there are no problems on other devices, I'd suggest that there's a problem deep inside the pocketfrog or pockethal.
These devices are both 640x480 communicators, qtek 9000 and Imate jasjar, so they probably has simular firmware which causes problems.
Has anyone any idea of what can happen, and how can this be fixed, or at least a workaround for this?

And they say that the memory, which is taken doesn't get back when they exit a game, which is odd. What's even more odd, is that the only routine using dynamic memory, is image loading routine, but it's not the problem with this routine, because memory is consumed even when no loading being performed.
(I widely use static arrays like TCHAR[100] and myparticles[255]).
jaguard
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » May 29, 2007 @ 9:01am

That's bizarre.. Atlantis:Redux uses Gapidraw, so it sounds like the problem is somewhere else?
Kzinti
pm Member

Postby jaguard » May 30, 2007 @ 8:50am

Well, maybe. But still - all our games, now 3 not including older ones, which we've abandoned and don't support, consume memory on "qtek universal" - at least it's noticed by some of this device users. There aren't many reports about this, but it's not a greatly popular device, so probably it's a common problem.

This could be because of some piece of code, which passes from one game to another, but why does this happen only on a few device models?

I just have no idea, where I should dig into..
jaguard
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Jun 8, 2007 @ 12:44am

Start tracking memory allocations / deallocations and dump everything in a log file?
Kzinti
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions