This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

A couple of questions about PocketFrog

A couple of questions about PocketFrog

Postby Nacho84 » Dec 15, 2007 @ 7:48pm

Hi there! My name is Ignacio and I'm new to these boards. Yesterday I downloaded the latest version of PocketHAL and was quite happy to realize that its sample projects compile flawlessly in eVC4 :)

I also downloaded PocketFrog and I have a couple of questions I hope you can answer (I searched the forums, but I was unable to find an answer for them):

1) I read that PocketFrog 0.8+ is based on PocketHAL. Nonetheless, the latest version of PocketFrog (0.8.1) is from August, 2004 while the latest version of PocketHAL was released 10 days ago. Do I have to overwrite the PocketHAL included in PocketFrog 0.8.1 or are there any incompatibility issues?
2) I've been perusing at the sample workspaces of both libraries and noticed that the structure of their Game classes is different, which one do you suggest me to use?

Thanks in advance for your answers. Regards,

--Nacho
Nacho84
pm Member

Postby MrScience101 » Dec 27, 2007 @ 2:43am

I was curious if you could tell me how you got the latest pocket hal to compile flawlessly? I can't seem to get any of the samples to compile at all.
MrScience101
pm Member

Postby PointOfLight » Dec 27, 2007 @ 4:07pm

I'm no expert on these libraries, but I'd say that you should stick with PocketHAL. I believe PocketFrog was meant to be more of a game-specific extension to PocketHAL, and since it hasn't been updated in over 3 years it's probably not worth messing with.
Eric Pankoke
Programmer
Point Of Light Software
http://www.polsoftware.com/
PointOfLight
pm Member

Postby Nacho84 » Dec 28, 2007 @ 11:41pm

Nacho84
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions