This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Toshiba G810 no support PacketHAL

Toshiba G810 no support PacketHAL

Postby skywindx » Feb 8, 2009 @ 1:10pm

Based on your request for PocketHAL support on Toshiba G810, we have selected some of the applications quoted and conducted a detail testing. Please find our testing result as follows.

Application Testing result
Pointui Home 1.51a Function but cannot redraw screen
FunContact Function but cannot redraw screen
Wisbar Advance Desktop 2.0 Function but no animation

If you switch off and on G810 while running these applications, you will find the screens redrawn. This phenomenon indicates that these applications function on G810 but do not handle the display properly. This might be caused by an improper interpretation on the command codes of display in G810.

It will not be feasible to change the command codes of display in G810. The source codes of these applications are not opened and there is no information on how these applications handle display. In addition, there are many other applications that function on G810. Changing the command codes may cause other applications to have problem on screen display.

How build PocketHAL to G810?
skywindx
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Feb 9, 2009 @ 3:21am

I was contacted about this by Toshiba last november. For the exact same three applications. I provided them with a logging version of PocketHAL and they never got back to me.

I am not sure why you are posting this here and who you are, but unless you can provide me with information about why they don't work, there is little I can do. In fact, nothing yet proves that the problem is with PocketHAL (you mention yourself that tons of other apps work properly).

Regards,
Kzinti
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions