This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

x64 libraries

x64 libraries

Postby belveder » Apr 1, 2009 @ 6:47am

Hi,

because I switched to a 64-bit Vista machine I tried to compile most of our software for 64-bit (also to check for incompatibilities). Now I saw that linking PocketHAL is not possible any more because the package does not include a x64 library.

In principle I can easily live with that, but would it be possible to include x64 libraries in the upcoming PocketHAL packages just for convenience? In my case just NOT having a 64-bit library of PocketHAL bars me from building an entire software bundle of about 15 individual software packages.

Regards
belveder
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Apr 2, 2009 @ 8:05pm

I don't mind doing it... But really, if you need a x64 build of whatever you are doing, you probably shouldn't be using PocketHAL... =) PocketHAL is aimed at phones, handhelds, smartphones, etc... Not 64 bit platforms =)
Kzinti
pm Member

Postby belveder » Apr 3, 2009 @ 8:32am

Well, I totally agree with you concerning what is important and what not, and that having such a library definitely falls into the "nice to have, but not really necessary" category. In our case we aim at reusing our existing code on as much different platforms as possible using as few different external libraries as possible. Thus there's no easy way around PocketHAL and - until now - there was no need for us to stick to something different - which in turn means that you are doing a good job ;-)

Obviously I don't know the source code, but I just thought that it should be only a minimal effort for you to also build it for x64. As you already build it for 4 or 5 different platforms including win32, everything must already be written almost totally independent from e.g. data type sizes...

Regards
belveder
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions