This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

X-Scale?

Hey, you could optimize that distance a little bit...

Postby Rinzai » Feb 9, 2003 @ 8:05pm

Rinzai

Postby adde » Feb 10, 2003 @ 4:56am

adde
pm Member

Postby draklava » Feb 11, 2003 @ 11:31pm

I recently tried DevilDarts on my Dad's new 400mhz Axim and it ran like a 1 legged dog. I did not code with performance in much in mind cuz it ran fine on my Jornada 568 and I was a bit lazy about optimization but after seeing that my stomach sank...

I'm looking to do some performance enhancements (my animation is really very basic) that will hopefully run better but have to wait to see them on the Axim...
draklava
pm Member

Postby draklava » Feb 13, 2003 @ 6:35am

Cool - I capped the game to 30fps and adjusted my animation so it all looks good here... I'm waiting for my Dad to mail me back and tell me how great everything looks but am pretty confident that this will make the game run consistently on all devices (I had a cap of about 50fps in the released game so on my jornada it was getting about 40-45 but on the axim it was only getting about 32)

On a side note (I might post this as a separate topic) does anyone know how pocketgear and handango handle updates? Can registered users simply download the latest version at any time after paying for it? Will they notify the people that a new version is out or do I have to do that?

thanks all!
draklava
pm Member

Postby fzammetti » Feb 13, 2003 @ 7:41am

...and so I said to Mr. Gates: "$640 billion should be enough for anyone!"
fzammetti
pm Insider

Postby Guest » Feb 13, 2003 @ 10:06pm

Postby fzammetti » Feb 14, 2003 @ 12:50am

Yes, they just did that this month, and THAT has caused MORE problems (I replied to their eMail saying I didn't want that, they said OK, then proceded to not send my check anyway... I contacted them, they said they'd send the check but it's been over a week and I haven't gotten it yet).
fzammetti
pm Insider

Last check [Dec 2002 sales] was sent to you on Jan 27 2003

Postby PG- » Feb 14, 2003 @ 1:19am

Hi Frank,

Last check [Dec 2002 sales] was sent to you on Jan 27, 2003. All previous checks were cashed.

"Incidentally, I've had a number of problems with PocketGear in terms of getting paid. " - I am not sure what the problem is. Can you contact me directly:
slawek@pocketgear.com or
call 313-259-3016 M-F - 9am - 5pm EST

I can be also reached via MSN messanger spruchnik@hotmail.com

Regards,

Slawek Pruchnik
Member, PocketGear.com LLC
slawek@pocketgear.com
PG-

Postby fzammetti » Feb 14, 2003 @ 1:37am

I probably should have been more careful in my wording, it sounded like I was coming down on PocketGear and that was not my intent.

I have had a couple of problems with payments as I stated, but otherwise I have had no reason to complain. None of the problems have been anything major and all were resolved with no problem.

As evidenced by the fact that a member of the PG staff was kind enough to post here and take an interest in my current situation, their service and responsiveness is quite good.

I do stand by the statement that I feel a bit more comfortable with Handango, but that should not be taken as a negative towards PocketGear. I think Joe DiMaggio was a better ball player than Ty Cobb, but that doesn't diminish how good Cobb was!
fzammetti
pm Insider

PocketGear etc etc

Postby Conan » Feb 14, 2003 @ 9:41am

Fzammetti is correct that Handango are better at what they do than PocketGear. I gave up using PocketGear mainly because the no of sales was so low however I did have one problem which was wierd. I created a panel advert which was supposed to appear but never did. PG never got in touch about this & of course were not paid but it does show that their admin can let them down at times.

I prefer ShareIt! out of all the online sites as I can build an automatic registration system to my requirements which plugs in to their system. Also they will pay directly into a bank account saving time every month.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby Guest » Feb 14, 2003 @ 7:56pm

Previous

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions