This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Presenting Color Book - Using Pocket Frog

Presenting Color Book - Using Pocket Frog

Postby Ken_McCaw » Aug 19, 2002 @ 8:51pm

I have my first product ready for the testing phase, and thanks to Pocket Frog it is running on 2.11 Palm-sized PCs as well as Pocket PC.

Color Book is great drawing program for kids and adults. I wrote it when my 3 year old daughter became frustrated when trying to use a more difficult paint program on my device. She did not understand how to select "Edit-Clear" to erase, and don't get me started about the "rebar" menues! Color Book assigns all major features to the hardware buttons, and the "advanced" menu can only be reached via the action button. I start it up and hand it to her, and can continue that long drive to grandma's house in peace!

It has been tested on the Casio E-100 & E-200. I need some feedback about its performance on other devices. I have an early version on my site, one that is destined to go through many revisions as the bug reports come in ( gulp ).

Thanks again to Thierry and his great library. I never thought that my poor E-100 would be fast enough to run this program. "The Frog" made it happen!

[url]mccawclan.home.attbi.com/amqa/colorbook.htm[/url]

Ken McCaw
Ken_McCaw
pm Member

Feedback on ColorBook

Postby Conan » Aug 20, 2002 @ 1:48pm

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Cool! It runs on an iPAQ!

Postby Ken_McCaw » Aug 20, 2002 @ 6:54pm

Ken_McCaw
pm Member

feedback continued

Postby Conan » Aug 21, 2002 @ 7:51am

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Updated version available

Postby Ken_McCaw » Aug 27, 2002 @ 12:53am

I've put an updated beta on the website. I have adjusted the brush alignment in this release, replaced jpegs in the online help with .2bp files, and added a few new coloring pages.

I am still trying to figure out how your PocketC program implements the "Wait on help". In the meantime, I am sticking with the "iconify" solution. If anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks to everybody who has tried the program and given me feedback! Please continue sending your suggesstions and comments to support_AT_amqasoftware.com ( #define _AT_ @ ), or posting them here ( thanks Conan! ).

Ken

[url]mccawclan.home.attbi.com/amqa/colorbook.htm[/url]
Ken_McCaw
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Sep 4, 2002 @ 6:56am

I just installed your Colorbook app to my E-125 and I think it's a wonderfull program!

The only thing that seems wrong is when I am coloring stuff: it seems to be only coloring even rows (skipping odd ones) until I release the stylus: then everything gets colored. Is this by design? If so, then every now and then some garbage shows. In any cases, removing the stylus from the screen result in proper coloring.

Again, great work!
Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Ken_McCaw » Sep 4, 2002 @ 8:16pm

Ken McCaw

#define _AT_ @
ken_AT_mccawconsulting.com

"My two cents - tax = no sense"
Ken_McCaw
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Sep 4, 2002 @ 10:54pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Postby Ken_McCaw » Sep 21, 2002 @ 6:33am

I've posted an update that fixed the drawing problem on a friend's E-125. On his device, it seemed to update every other column during the draw phase, creating a pretty cool effect. When the stylus was lifted, the screen was properly updated. Not what I had intended, mind you, but cool, none-the-less.\

The updated beta should work on E-125, plus give other user's another 2 weeks of use. Thanks again to all who have tried and sent feedback!

Ken
Ken McCaw

#define _AT_ @
ken_AT_mccawconsulting.com

"My two cents - tax = no sense"
Ken_McCaw
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions