This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

No Game Application.

No Game Application.

Postby Deje » Aug 26, 2002 @ 8:42am

Deje

Postby Johan » Aug 26, 2002 @ 5:37pm

Johan
pm Member

Postby Deje » Aug 27, 2002 @ 9:48pm

Deje

USB Mouse Driver

Postby Ken_McCaw » Aug 28, 2002 @ 2:58am

Hi, Deje.

The video driver for the device must have support for a hardware cursor, or at least an 'emulated' software cursor. There are routines in the driver such as MovePointer which are called to manipulate the cursor position.

Since the Pocket PC relies on the stylus for input, the routines to display and move a cursor are not needed. They are usually "stubbed" - meaning there is just an entry point followed by a return statement. This saves valuable ROM space in the final OS image.

The USB Mouse driver tracks the movement, informs the GWES about the motion so that WM_MOUSEMOVE messages get generated, and also calls the MovePointer function in the video driver. As you have discovered, calling the stubbed function in the video driver does not do much. :(

So the bad news is that you will most likely have to write a video driver to get the support you are looking for. If you want to write your own shell, you could use one of the graphic libs to handle the cursor display; but there goes the "Today" screen!

HTH,
Ken McCaw

My two cents - tax = no sense
Ken_McCaw
pm Member

Postby Deje » Aug 28, 2002 @ 2:08pm

Deje

Filtering a driver

Postby Ken_McCaw » Aug 30, 2002 @ 12:56am

"Hooking" the mouse messages is not 'officially' supported on the Pocket PC. The SetWindowsHookEx function does exist, however, and is located in coredll.dll. Some folks report having limited success calling it dynamically ( via LoadLibrary & GetProcAddress ) - refer to for details. You may also want to post to microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer to see if anybody there has done it.
Ken McCaw

#define _AT_ @
ken_AT_mccawconsulting.com

"My two cents - tax = no sense"
Ken_McCaw
pm Member

Postby Deje » Sep 2, 2002 @ 7:09pm

FYI

I got it managed. I use the IOCTL interface from the HID driver to get the mouse moves. Works so far. But because I bitblt the cursor into the screen, sometimes artefacs are left on the screen. However, I can now operate the Casio with the USB mouse. :)
Deje

awesome, are you going to post the code or the binaries?

Postby jeremieweldin » Sep 3, 2002 @ 10:53pm

jeremieweldin

Postby Deje » Sep 4, 2002 @ 1:38am

Sure I can post at least the binaries.

Download the zip, unzip it to any folder on your PPC and start it with the USB mouse connected. Test were done on a E200G with a Sony VAIO USB mouse. It works on both the PCCard jacket USB port as well as on the cradle USB port.
The german text just tells you to tap on the screen once (with stylus) or move the mouse for calibrating the mouse position. With OK you min the app to the tray and you can operate your PPC with the mouse. "Beenden" means cancel or stop the app.
Deje

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions