This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Unbelievebly slow performance on Siemens Mobic HPC

Unbelievebly slow performance on Siemens Mobic HPC

Postby adde » Oct 9, 2002 @ 2:46pm

adde
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Oct 9, 2002 @ 7:45pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Sprite demo performance plus J720 etc

Postby Conan » Oct 9, 2002 @ 10:42pm

Firstly I should point out that the background scrolling stuff in my sprite demo is really inefficient & is only there to support the sprites which in themselves are as fast as PF could make them without dropping classes for inline code. While I have a J710 I have not tried to improve the frame rate on my code however the existing PF demos run quite well though of course slower than PocketPC.

Re: coding on the device I have used PocketC in the past but it's not really a 'C' and recently I've tried various text editors to find a good code editor without success but having access to a new/small/light XP prof laptop makes it silly to try to code on the J710 but I still love the HPC format & won't part with my device.
What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Changing Window size helped a bit

Postby adde » Oct 10, 2002 @ 1:03am

Heh, wonder why I didn't try changing windowsize myself when I figured that the resolution had something to do with the poor performance.

Anyways. I've changed the resolution to 320x240 and the perfomance increased, but not enough. 16 fps is still a bit too slow. (although I have to confess it's a bit higher than I hoped for, having only 3 fps in fullscreen). Changing Orientation doesn't do anything.

Also, how do I change the windowsize in an easy way. (for future reference) Now I just changed the sourcecode in game.cpp but I recon there's got to be another way of doing this.

And can you create a whole new window from within a pocketFrog window? Say I have a fullscreen window for the 2D GUI, and then create a new for the 3D.

Maybe there is some sort of manual or documentation somewhere other than browsing through the source code.
adde
pm Member

Postby Kzinti » Oct 10, 2002 @ 11:40pm

Kzinti
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions