This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Help a Newbie with Pocketfrog

Help a Newbie with Pocketfrog

Postby garetjax » Nov 12, 2002 @ 7:14pm

Hi,

I have pocketfrog working ie I can run the 3 demos. However, is there documentation on it? Where can I get a list of all its features and how to call them?

I have been to conan's site http://www.sundialsoft.freeserve.co.uk/pocket_frog.htm and his tutorials are great but there must be more out there?
garetjax
pm Member

PocketFrog Docs

Postby Conan » Nov 12, 2002 @ 9:42pm

What is Best in Life ?
Conan
pm Member

Postby adde » Nov 13, 2002 @ 4:58pm

Ok, I have to agree with both garetjax and Conan here. We do need a PocketFrog reference document, with (short) function description and declaration. It's hard (especially for a newbie) to quickly find the stuff you're looking for browsing through all the source code.

As fas a examples, faq, help, bugfixes, support or whatever you might call it, this forum has it all. Credo to the people of this community for writing fast (and relevant) replies.

If you read all the notes in this forum, you'll get a pretty good idea of what you can do, and sort of how to do it. Someone should try to sum it up into a small primer though. Could be helpfull.

Maybe I'll write one when I get the time, but that could take at least 6 months so...

Also, since I just read a note from someone who wanted assistance but didn't know any C++. It's good to know the basics. You will NEVER be able to do anything good otherwise, and you most definately won't be able do do anything new. There are a few C++ online-book out there, I mention one here:
Bruce Eckel - Thinking in C++

I havn't read it myself, but I've read his Thinking in JAVA, and it's really good.

Finally, for those who are new to windows programming (although you don't actually need to know that much to use PocketFrog) you could find some good online tutorials on this page:

If you know the concept of OOP and templates I can recommend Reliable Softwares Win32 API tutorial.
adde
pm Member

Return to PocketFrog & PocketHAL

Sort

Forum Description

SDKs for fast and robust device-independent access to Pocket PC display hardware.

Moderators:

sponge, Kzinti

Forum permissions