This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Need help with strategy

Need help with strategy

Postby websofzen » Mar 23, 2002 @ 1:04am

websofzen

Nevermind. :) passed it

Postby websofzen » Mar 23, 2002 @ 5:02am

websofzen

Forest Fire level 7

Postby websofzen » Mar 30, 2002 @ 6:36am

Hey, I need some help. I can't for the life of me seem to get past the second wave in Level 7 of Forest Fire. Thats where there is no strategic buildings other than behind the enemy. That damn rocket launcher behind the enemy base gets me ever time. any advice other than sit on it and spin? :)
-websofzen
If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.
websofzen
pm Member

Beat it

Postby websofzen » Apr 5, 2002 @ 8:34pm

-websofzen
If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.
websofzen
pm Member

Strategy

Postby Sandman » Apr 10, 2002 @ 11:08pm

I have found that if you take a resource base and get a unit behind it so it cannot move , or put the base between your unit and the direction of the enemy unit, you can hold the base becasue the AI will just keep lineing up the enemy units and it gets backed up. Even if you do not take the base, if you can get the base between you and the ememy unts, they will all concentrate on trying to get you but will not try and out flank you. Also use your base as a weapon by setting up four or more plasma cannons and using a light tank to draw enemy tanks towards your base. Usually they come in one or two at a time and maybe they get one shot off before they are blasted by 4 cannons.
Use the rocket launcher by setting them up where you want to and then build a wall around them so they do not get hit. This is e xtremly effective for tank battles. Keep them safe. They are very powerful in this setup. Take resources fast and secure them with the method above. The AI needs them as wellso if youtakethem, there are none for the enemy.
Spread out your units so all of them can fire at one time. The way to take out big tanks is to out flank them and have many units fire all at once. It can only hit one target at a time.
If you can secure a resource base and set up a good defense, make them, or draw them to you. Often a bases defenses in the later part of the game go wasted because they can not move. Keep room for units to get out of you base, and try nur own units hit you let yoot to r base, guns, and wall.
Units seem not able to be hit, unless they are trying to hit you back. Keep on the move no matter what once you draw theier attention
Sandman

Return to Xen Games

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss the popular Xen Games titles, such as Interstellar Flames and Strategic Assault here.

Moderators:

sponge, simonjacobs

Forum permissions