This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Suggestions thread - Post here if you have any

Postby cookie319 » Apr 30, 2002 @ 8:46am

cookie319

No problems, just please skimirisch

Postby VCR » Apr 30, 2002 @ 9:45am

I have no problems with the demo, (except the credits, i guess, haven't checked it ;p) but please make skimirisch mode. The game strategic assault I don't play anymore because it doesn't have skimirisch mode. Missions are some fun, but the most fun about skimirisch is that you both start with nothing, have to build up a cool base, and attack each other. In missions, you have to complete the object, only YOU have to build up a base, while they are attacking you. I know skimirisch is hard to make, but Iv seen in this demo what you guys can, and believe me, you CAN make skimirisch :D

Keep it up!

-VCR
VCR

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 30, 2002 @ 12:33pm

Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby sponge » Apr 30, 2002 @ 12:50pm

holy internets batman.
sponge
Not sponge

Postby BurningSheep » Apr 30, 2002 @ 1:19pm

Do you want custom Snails levels? Click
BurningSheep
pm Insider

Postby WialyDiody » Apr 30, 2002 @ 3:47pm

WialyDiody

Postby R0B » Apr 30, 2002 @ 9:27pm

First of all, GREAT GAME. I am probably one of the most dedicated rts pm regulars, if not thee most, and I am so excited to find a top notch rts for the ppc. Here are my sugestions...
1. I think that your soldiers should have an option to follow the enemy as it moves. The first few times I send a wave of 14 tanks into battle, they go anialated because they would destroy their target, and then stop, allowing the longer ranged ground troups to take them out.
2. If a unit gets attacked, it should move and attack back.
3. This is my own opinion, but the blue status bar when a unit is being created is hard to see because of the blue background. A green or red would be cool for that.
4. I don't know if any units require power (I can't think of any from the demo), but instead of posting 0 power in the statists that show up before you buy the unit, maybe have like it's strenght. Also, there should be some kind of food supply thing, or maybe make all units require some power. Otherwise, it makes it too easy to make huge armies.
5. I think the turret should have a range equall to the range of the farthest unit.

That's all for now, and again, great job.
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Guest » Apr 30, 2002 @ 9:50pm

Postby Village_Ideot » Apr 30, 2002 @ 9:57pm

Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 30, 2002 @ 10:07pm

I think the turret is fine as it is. Flying ships can destroy it unhurt, and Destroyer Tanks can take them out from a distance. If you are good they pose little threat.
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby R0B » Apr 30, 2002 @ 10:10pm

I agree that it should cost a little more (maybe like 150 argentum more), but the turret is defense. It can't move, and a wave of guys can easily destroy several of them. If you want a balance of play between the defense and the offense (which all good rts's have) then the turret should have the same range as the farthest shooting enemy, initially. Now, you could always add an ungrade that increases the infantries range to allow them to pick off turrets from a distance, but it shouldn't be avalible at the beginning. A big part of the strat is to have siege weapons, which can take a lot of hits, fire slow, but can wipe out the turrets, and then have the smaller, fasters guys go in behind them. Illuding to war3, you could have an army of 50 melee fighters rush in to an orc base and get slaughtered by their borrows (similar to a bunker in starcraft), but with about 8 catipultes, with some melee guys backing them up, the defenses can be taken out of the way with minimal loses. It's all part of a good strat. BTW, that last example actually happened to me. It was me viruses this other guy, and I had him surrounded. So, being the cocky rts player I am, I rushed in with 50 huntrises (similar to archers only more powerful), and they were mutilated. Then I wasted 20 min rebuilding a good army, and destroyed him the propper way.
R0B
got muffins?

Postby R0B » Apr 30, 2002 @ 10:13pm

R0B
got muffins?

Postby Village_Ideot » May 1, 2002 @ 2:46am

i still think they are kinda good for the money when you rush with tanks and troops, but of course that is all i was doing...
Village_Ideot
pm Member

Postby Sn0ball » May 1, 2002 @ 2:54pm

Sn0ball

Skirmish

Postby Lotak » May 1, 2002 @ 5:30pm

Lotak

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title