This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Suggestions thread - Post here if you have any

Postby HowlingBears » May 3, 2002 @ 2:50am

HowlingBears
pm Member

Postby hiren » May 3, 2002 @ 3:52am

So im new, to hell with it.
hiren
pm Member

Postby Ainvar » May 3, 2002 @ 2:28pm

Very awesome game and love playing the demo over and over.

-Skirmish mode is a must like quite a few others have stated.

-Ctrl and Shift buttons that can mapped to hardware buttons would be great like in Starcraft and Warcraft.

-Difficulty would be cool too

-Enable/Disable of the scroll bars on the screen

-The units will auto advance to next enemy in the general area and will also return fire when being attacked.

-the Argentum would regenrate or new area will spawn near the general area after a certain amount is harvested.

And like I said before awesome game, one I will buy when it is released. I can see you have put a lot of time and effort into this game and just wanted to give credit to where credit is due. I am not a coder but I know of the headaches seeing some of employees at my company coding various apps and utilities. Just wanted to say great work and imagination to the team that produced this game.
Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?

We the unwilling led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing
Ainvar
pm Member

Postby Guest » May 4, 2002 @ 5:31am

I would just like to see larger maps. If you had arrows on each side of the small overview map where it could be manipulated the overall map size could be made larger and the missions could be larger. Not sure if this is possible when considering hardware limitations but the current maps just seem a bit small. Overall the game is excellent fun and the graphics are amazing. I'm very impressed with what I see in the demo.

Postby Pocksoft » May 4, 2002 @ 6:57am

Just spend more time to try to install ag on iPaq 3630. Uhh, not easy. iPaq always halt.

Any limitation for 3630?
Pocksoft
pm Member

Postby hiren » May 4, 2002 @ 1:35pm

So im new, to hell with it.
hiren
pm Member

Postby Covert » May 6, 2002 @ 4:05am

Just had to provide my input as well.

First off, as stated by everyone else, this game is fantastic and is destined to become a classic. Now here's what I think should be worked on:

1) Definitely needs a skirmish mode. It just makes the game so much more replayable.
2) As someone else said, fix it so units no longer overlap.
3) Map editor (I know nothing about programming and I suck at drawing on a PC, but I made some awesome Red Alert and Red Alert 2 maps...).
4) When you enable "single taps," it should not only enable one tap to move units but also one tap to select a unit/structure.
5) Argentum should regenerate.
6) Some of my ITBAs were driving through my buildings. I'm pretty sure that's not what should happen...
7) Sometimes my ITBA will just stop repairing a building for no apparent reason, when I have plenty of argentum and power. His status will still say "Repairing..." but the health of the building stops increasing without having reached its maximum.
8) On a similar note to #7, repairing buildings with ITBAs might be realistic, but it's annoying to have to send the guys over to every building. Simply clicking on a building should give you the option of repairing it (near the now-implemented destruct option). This button could either a) Simply drain your argentum and automatically repair your structure, or b) Call over an idle ITBA to automatically repair the structure. And if you have an ITBA repair a building, why does it cost argentum? Shouldn't the unit be able to fix it for free?
9) I also agree with what someone said earlier, about the hardware buttons. Being able to press a hardware button to select all the units on screen would be quite useful.

Those are just my thoughts. I really think this is a great game - it just needs some fine-tuning (especially a skirmish mode).
Covert of
Covert
pm Member

Postby HowlingBears » May 6, 2002 @ 8:23pm

HowlingBears
pm Member

Postby HowlingBears » May 6, 2002 @ 8:38pm

HowlingBears
pm Member

Postby Mac » May 7, 2002 @ 3:38pm

Hello,

i purchased the game this morning.. love it so far, am at the beginning of mission5.

my suggestion: add a easy way to replay already played missions! we only have 6 savegames and there might be memorial (i dunno yet :) ) missions you want to replay at a later date - currently no easy way to do it. how does that sound?

other than that.. skirmish, of course. hehe

cya
mac
Last edited by Mac on May 7, 2002 @ 7:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 7, 2002 @ 4:33pm

That's a good suggestion. But if you want to keep your savegames of some missions a little trick would be to go to the game's savegame directory and backup the ones you are interested in.
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Idle ITBA

Postby diffusion_84 » May 8, 2002 @ 9:38pm

diffusion_84
pm Member

Postby Malmer » May 8, 2002 @ 10:06pm

All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby R0B » May 9, 2002 @ 1:23am

"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender