This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

What is the best game of this type for the PC!

Postby Michael Y » May 5, 2002 @ 5:30am

Michael Y
pm Insider

Postby hiren » May 5, 2002 @ 8:02pm

So im new, to hell with it.
hiren
pm Member

Dune II

Postby StoneRoses » May 5, 2002 @ 9:05pm

Dune II is my first RTS game, It's really addictive.
I play it on my 20MHz 386... :lol:
StoneRoses

Postby R0B » May 5, 2002 @ 9:07pm

You will be truely amazed when you play war3. Multiplayer is similar to other rtses, although war3 is still better in many aspects, but the single player really will set it apart. In each campaign, which I beleive 1 campaign is = to on map (now this is what I have read), you will not only have a set goal (for instance destroy the protos incampment and protect teh crysilis (sc type objective)), but also sidequests that you can choose to go on. One example given by blizzard is, you meet a lady that says here child has been kindnaped by some ogres, and if you want, you can go and find those ogres and rescue her kid. These quests will give you items and the like for your here, who can level up, just like in an rpg. This game will totally own, and I am going to be one of the first to buy it.
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Postby Garrison » May 5, 2002 @ 10:07pm

One thing I really like in Argentum is that when I drag the screen to select troops, I can drag right off the edge of the screen and continue to select troops that were off the screen when I started dragging. In Starcraft and Empire Earth I don't seem to be able to do this. Is there a way to do this sort of selecting in all Strategy Games. In Starcraft it was annoying that when I set a way point across the map and my guys ran into an enemy on the way they would ignore it unless I stopped them and told them to attack. Then they forgot about the waypoint.
Garrison
pm Member

Postby Malmer » May 6, 2002 @ 3:04am

We specifically thought about this when designing the game. I really disliked that you could only select the units on your screen in starcraft.
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Garrison » May 6, 2002 @ 2:10pm

Garrison
pm Member

Warcraft3

Postby MicroFiend » May 20, 2002 @ 1:15pm

MicroFiend

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort