This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Multiplayer Support?

Multiplayer Support?

Postby Jay Mattis » May 4, 2002 @ 5:58am

Will multiplayer support be added in the future? I feel games of this genre are somehow incomplete without it.
Jay Mattis
pm Member

Postby Robotbeat » May 7, 2002 @ 1:52am

Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby Pocksoft » May 7, 2002 @ 4:53am

Definitely, multiplayers is essential for such RTS game. Without fighting with pal, it will be like to leave message here without response.

If Ag support wireless connecting gamming(WLAN, IrDa... ), nobody can refuse Ag attraction and just take out money to buy it. :D
Pocksoft
pm Member

Wow... I'm surprised it's not already in there

Postby martianviking » May 7, 2002 @ 9:37pm

Huh... I would have thought that multiplayer support would be a no-brainer with any new RTS, regardless of the platform. Of course people want to play with someone else; once you've done it, it's very hard to go back to just playing the computer.

And there are so many options. I grant that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are expensive options and not everyone has the equipment, but more and more people are getting into them. The thing is, even if you don't count them, infrared should be an option (even given its line-of-sight issue). Multiplayer is just too big of an attraction to completely disregard, IMHO.
martianviking

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 7, 2002 @ 9:42pm

We don't disregard multiplayer, we do know how important it is but the pocketPC's are not quite ready yet, very few people have wireless internet connections on their pocketPCs and they are very expensive and paid by the hour.
Don't worry, multiplayer will come, it's just not the time yet.
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Guest » May 8, 2002 @ 11:51pm

Legacy Connections...=^)

Postby Tenchi » May 14, 2002 @ 7:02am

Tenchi

Postby sinrtb » May 21, 2002 @ 10:21am

sinrtb

Postby Covert » May 27, 2002 @ 3:50am

An IR multiplayer option would be perfect - it would be so much fun to play against my friend on the two PDAs. But can IR go fast enough to make the game playable?
Covert of
Covert
pm Member

Postby Matt Gifford » May 27, 2002 @ 5:17am

Nope
Matt Gifford
pm Member

Postby T3_Racer » May 27, 2002 @ 5:59am

Actually, it can. In Starcraft the actual data transfer rarely ever gets higher than 2k a second. Remember that the only thing the computers have to relay is hard data, i.e.-unit positions and what they are doing.
I wanted all things
To seem to make some sense,
So we all could be happy, yes,
Instead of tense.
And I made up lies
So that they fit nice,
And I made this sad world
A par-a-dise.
T3_Racer
pm Member

Postby Matt Gifford » May 27, 2002 @ 6:12am

If that's all it sends then multiplayer is possible on the pocketpc.

Cool. 8)
Matt Gifford
pm Member

Postby Ainvar » May 27, 2002 @ 7:04am

Multiplayer can ever be done then with regualr CSD wireless option that you can do with any cellphone or better yet the GPRS we have here in the US (I am not familiar with the pricing schmes in the UK and other areas). That and since most PDA's now come with Bluetooth or a bluetooth option of runder $150.00 USD I do not see a problem. I am planning on buying this game but, have not had the time to really play it just yet. I do love the demo though.
I am ready for multiplayer games like this, especially since I get all my co-workers hooked on the iPAQ and most games I do play and we play some over IrDA and some over the cd wireless card using peer-to-peer when an AP is not around. most of them are chess or something like that. Waiting on one we can play with like snails or Argentum while in an overkill/boring meeting or lunch-n-learn where we are only there for the free food.
Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?

We the unwilling led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing
Ainvar
pm Member

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions