This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Can't Register the Purchased Copy of Argentum

Can't Register the Purchased Copy of Argentum

Postby StoneRoses » May 9, 2002 @ 8:27pm

StoneRoses

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 9, 2002 @ 9:48pm

CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

My email is correct

Postby StoneRoses » May 9, 2002 @ 11:18pm

StoneRoses

Problem's Solved

Postby StoneRoses » May 10, 2002 @ 5:50am

I got the confirmation email from Javier Dávalos that my reg code and email is right.

But I cannot use that reg code to sucessfully register Argentum.

So I try so manys way to get the problem solved and finally found that Argentum registeration applet and Thai Language Software called ThaiWinCE from JimmySoftware.com cause the problem.

The problem is ThaiWinCE load the technically advanced API Hook Program everytime PPC boot up. The API hook give Thai PPC users ability to display and input Thai with the Pocket PC. Pocket PC did not have Thai support by default, and PPC2002 developers cannot use the NLS method to enable other language as it did in PPC2000. So Jimmy Software bring up the very innovative method to get around this problem (Jimmy's new product called Haxmaster may be based on the experiance on Thai Language Support) and I think the hook may affect some text API so the reg applet cannot verify the code.

So my problem is solved. It's not ionside or monkeystone fault at all. Not even my fault or Jimmy Software's fault. (I never have this kind a problem on other apps) The work around is easy just remove ThaiWinCE shortcut from /Windows/Startup folder - Softreset - register Argentum - put back the ThaiWinCE shortcut - Softreset and it's done.

Thank you everybody at ionside and monkeystone,
Ekapol Tharasiriroj
Webmaster
PocketPCThai.com

P.S. ionside interactive is one the best support developer in the industry, you guys can count on that.... :)
StoneRoses

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions