This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Mission9 anyone?

Mission9 anyone?

Postby RTSnewbie » May 22, 2002 @ 8:19am

okay, now i'm stuck on mission 9

i tried using tanks/walkers - that didnt work
then marines - that went worse
and then planes - but they ended up being too weak
PLUS i run out of time!

the spy is up northwest on the map, but there are laser and missile towers AND countless enemy armies arrive when i attack.

Should I build a research factory? or is that just a waste of time and argentum?
I'm new at this, but...
I'm learning and getting better.
RTSnewbie
pm Member

Postby vorbauer » May 22, 2002 @ 8:30am

There is just one way: Tanks

:arrow: Set up your resources: 3 ITAB per 2 fields

:arrow: build heavy factory. Throw out tanks, tanks, tanks. Send the tanks a bit NE of your base. At about 8-9 mins left in the game, the enemy counterattacks your base. You need at least 8-10 tanks then. Make sure no enemy breaks through to your resources.

:arrow: Build more tanks. At 3:00 left in the game, send all your tanks northand then left north, not straight. Kill the two towers and wait for the counter attack. At about 1:00-1:30 left. move all your tanks south of spy and leave them fighting. Send your spy through the fire to your base. He should arrive there before 0:10-0:15 left or the game will not react. Send him as close to HQ as possible.

Welcome to mission 10 8)
vorbauer
pm Member

Postby gartogg708 » May 22, 2002 @ 8:33am

I had a little trouble with this one as well. What I did was this: After I place a few turrets for base defense, I built an aircraft producer thingy (can't remember exact name). Then I build many scout aircraft. Their armor sucks, but they are cheap and build fast. Plus, they have more range than the bigger aircraft. Then I take them up the far left side, letting them attack anything within their range, but staying away from the rocket launchers. I had to bring in a few reinforcements to replace lost craft, but not too many. I take them all of the way to the top, then bring the spy over to meet them. Then they can take a leisurely stroll back to the base :wink:
I'm sure there are other ways, but this is what I did.
gartogg708
pm Member

Postby gartogg708 » May 22, 2002 @ 3:22pm

gartogg708
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 22, 2002 @ 5:38pm

what i like to do to beat that mission is create a distraction for the enemy.
I build many walkers and just send them to death, while they are being slaughtered my spy can escape the enemy base because all the enemies are distracted destroying my poor walkers.
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » May 22, 2002 @ 6:33pm

Carpe, you are so evil ;)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators: