This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

finish the campaign .. some strategic tips

finish the campaign .. some strategic tips

Postby One » May 23, 2002 @ 6:54pm

One

Agree

Postby PC Phil » May 24, 2002 @ 8:42am

Yes that is my strategy as well. I would like to see more enhancements in the future to nullify this (more nests of anti-aircraft batteries, new mobile weapons that are more effective against fighters). That way you would be forced to utilise ground and air forces together. Or perhaps areas where you could not use air power at all.
Running in parallel with this, it would also be nice if there were cliffs/hills that could only be negotiated by marines (no tanks etc).

All in all though it is a great game it just needs the air forces wings clipped !
PC Phil

Postby sinrtb » May 24, 2002 @ 10:27am

i found spening a lil bit on a barracks was also help full used soley to take out anti air siloo was extremely costeffective
sinrtb

more on tactics ...

Postby One » May 24, 2002 @ 6:06pm

At first I would use heavy tanks to take out laser turrets and missle towers (they can do it at a distance with no loss).

However, I found that if I upgrade my heavy fighters enough, the loss is fairly low taking out missile towers and thus it is easier just to produce one kind of unit (particularly one that is very mobile) than trying to use tanks.

Thus, I switch to all heavy fighters.
One

Tactics and future releases

Postby Forrest » May 27, 2002 @ 3:12pm

Forrest

Postby R0B » May 28, 2002 @ 1:07am

Not sure if you mentioned this, but I had said it in another thread. The most powerful air unit should only be able to attack ground, and not air. They are the siege of air, and should be treated like a siege weapon. If you have played wcIII you will know that the night elves have something similar with the cimaeras (they can only attack ground, but are really powerful). Then, you should increase the air attack of those spider things (make it like 1.5 times their normal damage). For the rocket launcher guys (don't know exact damage) make their fire power 2 times as much for air units.
"1011001010 NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" -Bender
R0B
got muffins?

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions