This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Discuss Carps game here

Re: Discuss Carps game here

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 7, 2001 @ 3:06pm

u mean i have to download it again :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » May 13, 2001 @ 3:16pm

Just wanted to tell you guys that the game development is going strong. We'll post more information later. So we're not dead...yet... ;)<br><br>We hope to have a website sometime soon too.<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 16, 2001 @ 12:08pm

Hey Cris and Matt, we are getting ready for a Website of our own by now. I have access to the FTP server of pocketmatrix already but never made a website before, are you guys going to make it or are we going to?<br>If you want to check out the game just ask of course.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Matt Keys » May 16, 2001 @ 3:40pm

Contact Chris@PocketMatrix.com, He and 999 made the PocketQuake site and I assume that at least chris will do the same for you guys. Of course 999 is "lurking" around and we could use his help with some graphics...
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

I'm your man if he isnt here

Postby W3bD£v1l » May 16, 2001 @ 5:15pm

I make web sites<br>i have made online gaming clan web sites<br>I have made paintball team sites<br>I have made my own site<br><br>I can make my onw graphics<br>I can make your site<br><br>www.mememememe.cjb.net<br><br>So if you want me :-)
W3bD£v1l
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » May 16, 2001 @ 6:04pm

Hi carp, and fredrik.<br><br>Did you guys find an artist to provide work for you?<br><br>If not i'd like to help out if I could.<br><br>I have worked in the game's industry for 10 years and have over 12 published games (from amiga upto xbox work)<br><br>Let me know if you need any help, as I get bored on an evening and weekends :)<br><br>John<br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 16, 2001 @ 6:31pm

Well of course yes John, Artwork is going slow and it would be great if you could give us a hand, besides your work is amazing and i'm very sure i've heard your name before in games i've played.<br>We really feel this game is going to be something special for the pocketPC, and now with your expertise it's going to be great!.<br>But we should discuss this more privately, Please contact me via e-mail to carpediem@velocom.com.ar or preferably via icq, mi number is 3612259<br><br>And thanks in advance!, we'll keep intouch.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » May 16, 2001 @ 6:34pm

Now I just wanted to announce that we will actually call the game the same as we codenamed it. So the upcoming RTS game will be called Argentum. That means silver in greek (or is it latin?) by the way.<br><br>// Fredrik<br><br>Last modification: Fredrik Malmer - 05/16/01 at 15:34:38
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » May 16, 2001 @ 6:51pm

It's Latin, because the atomic symbol for silver is Ag: Argentum, and we all know that the intellectual community uses Latin because of it being the original language.Last modification: Moose Master - 05/16/01 at 15:51:45
Moose or Chuck

Postby John Lomax » May 16, 2001 @ 6:56pm

Gulp, oh the irony, one of my games was silver for the pc and dc. :)<br><br>Anyway, I just wanted to say, I have quietly followed this thread for a while, and really wanted to get involved. I really love my PDA and wanted so bad to create games for it. I have tried to push for pocketPC games here at work, but for handhelds we have gone for GBA work instead. Not to worry. I have a good feeling on this one.<br><br>Carp dude, I will email you tommorrow and get the ball rolling.<br><br>Thanks guys, and take care.<br><br>John<br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Mike Wagstaff » May 16, 2001 @ 7:04pm

This is definitely a game with Latin roots. Not only is Argentum Latin, but "carpe diem" is too, meaning "seize the day". I reckon we've found ourselves a 200 year-old programmer here... ;)<br><br> -Mike http://www.pocketgamer.org
Mike Wagstaff
- For Gamers on the Go...

Mike Wagstaff
pm Insider

Postby Mike Wagstaff » May 16, 2001 @ 7:06pm

Stultissimus sum! When I said Carpediem was 200 years old, I was being too polite. I meant 2000! Hey, it's a difference of zero... ;)<br><br> -Mike http://www.pocketgamer.org<br>
Mike Wagstaff
- For Gamers on the Go...

Mike Wagstaff
pm Insider

Postby 999 » May 16, 2001 @ 7:36pm

Lomax:<br><br>Double Gulp, I had to do the strategy guide for Silver PC/DC :o<br><br>(PrimaGames)<br><br>I feel for ya, just doin' the book was hard enuf.<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Malmer » May 16, 2001 @ 9:27pm

Malmer
pm Member

Postby Chris Edwards » May 16, 2001 @ 9:43pm

Chris Edwards
Founder
Chris Edwards
Site Co-Founder