This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Discuss Carps game here

Re: Discuss Carps game here

Postby Covert50 » Apr 27, 2001 @ 8:24am

This game is sounding good, but please don't slack off on graphics.  I know 999 is great with graphics, maybe he could help you design some?
Covert50
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Apr 27, 2001 @ 5:15pm

I totally agree with you. I've seen too many good games spoiled by crappy graphics. We'll focus quite a lot on getting the graphics good. The stuff we've made so far looks very nice, if I may say so myself.<br><br>// Fredrik
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Covert50 » Apr 27, 2001 @ 5:35pm

Well thanks Fredrik, that's reassuring :)
Covert50
pm Member

Postby Matt Keys » Apr 27, 2001 @ 6:51pm

wow Fredrik, that signature is deep.;)
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 28, 2001 @ 6:12pm

ya i tried to read it, and i got lost, so i stoopped :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » Apr 28, 2001 @ 9:00pm

I'll explain it later. Right now I need to get some sleep. Been coding all night :)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby 999 » Apr 28, 2001 @ 9:46pm

Thanks for the plug Covert50 :)<br><br>Carpe and I have been talking about his game pre Mr.Malmer joining up.<br><br>Once it was established that a voxel engine was to be used and Fredrik joined, I bowed out of the project because I felt Fredrik would/could handle both coding and design. From what I've seen, I wasn't wrong either ;)<br><br>I am however working on some upcoming PPC projects/Games which I will leave to their Authors to announce when the time is right.<br><br>Other than that, the latest rev of Argentum is very promising, Carpe and Fredrik look to have a quality title on their hands, something the CE community really needs right now.<br><br>
pm Member

some ideas

Postby Frost » Apr 29, 2001 @ 11:57am

Yes, I am a starcraft freak, YES i am a pocketpc fan (actually palm-sized...sigh), and YES! I would LUV to see a good RTS game on my [once i get my new ppc =)] ppc...<br><br>Here are some questions... I know you aren't all set up yet, but if you knwo the answers, please gimme some info. =)<br><br>How many "races" would you have?  Would it be like Starcraft, where you have three different races?<br><br>I saw the screenshot, but how will the map be controlled?  Remember one of the first rts games, Galactic Realm?  Will you have a small "map" box where you can navigate your units and stuff?  [the map will reduce the screen size quite a lot though...]<br><br>How complex will the game be?  Will it be like Galactic Realm?  Or will it be like Starcraft?<br><br><br><br>
Frost

Postby Moose or Chuck » Apr 29, 2001 @ 8:22pm

i'm betting you move the map as in SLAY in which you tap and hold on screen,  then drag to desired location, just speculation thou. btw slay is the coolest game, you should make it just like slay :)
Moose or Chuck

Postby Jaybot » Apr 30, 2001 @ 5:55pm

Chuck, as far as I remember you can tap and drag across the screen to move around, and you can use the d-pad for bigger fatser movements. :)<br><br>Paul, what PPC do you have again?  was it a jornada a casio or an ipaq?  If you have an ipaq, you're out of luck, but I've been playing around with the indy java engine for awhile on my casio using personaljava for wince 2.11 which is only available for MIPS and SH3, obviously, but I've got it to work a but slow, but it works nonetheless, its cool to see indy on the small screen.... I was just wondering if you had tried that too.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Apr 30, 2001 @ 6:01pm

no i havent even heard of personaljava, but i've got a jornada<br><br>where'd you get it from?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Apr 30, 2001 @ 6:28pm

-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby Diego Cueva » May 2, 2001 @ 7:10pm

wow, great screenshot!<br><br> Last modification: Diego Cueva - 05/02/01 at 16:10:50
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » May 2, 2001 @ 7:13pm

Yeah, WOWSERS! That's nifty! :)<br>Hey Carpe, I just finis..... never mind I'll email you.
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » May 2, 2001 @ 7:18pm

Image<br>Image<br><br>Here are some screenshots for you all, We've been working around the clock and have advanced a lot with Argentum, I think we make a really good team, what do you guys think?.<br><br>These screenshots are just a sneek peek at what we have so far, so be patient, we might come up with a demo sometime soon.<br>As you see the map problem is now completely solved, the map you see there was made by Fredrik in about 20 minutes (think about the possibilities!). It's a Voxel landscape generated on runtime, that's all im going to tell, but there's a lot more to be said i assure (these are screenshots from an old version).<br>:p<br><br>C ya guys, you'll hear more from us soon.<br><br>Last modification: CARPEDIEM - 05/02/01 at 16:18:31
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions