This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Programmer needed

Re: Programmer needed

Postby Malmer » Jun 12, 2001 @ 3:59pm

Still waiting for someone to do the libcreator. :)
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 12, 2001 @ 4:19pm

alright, i've found a good example of making a map editor. I'll have this done within 2 days.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Malmer » Jun 12, 2001 @ 5:13pm

As for the library creator I figured out how to write it in JScript, running through Windows Scripting Host. It all works at pretty decent speed too. If one was good enough you could actually write a JScript unzip script. Or a script that writes zeros in all the files on your harddrive...<br><br>Hmm...while I'm at it I might aswell integrate an Outlook worm into the file that does just that..."Loveletter.js" :)<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 12, 2001 @ 5:28pm

why when u can use the source from the manwella vbscript virus in the anything forum :)<br><br>I replied to your email. Not promising anything yet, but i think i can stil do it. This is a big experiment for me, as i've done stuff pertainning to this, but never anything this intense. So if i fuck up, at least the next guy will have a good knowledge base to start from.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jun 12, 2001 @ 5:40pm

Damn, I wish I could find my old "universal" map editor I started in VB. It could modify games like GTA, and Warcraft and was pretty fast. My system crashed pretty bad a couple years ago and everything I "saved" was severely fragmented.<br><br>If I can find bits and pieces of the functions I can send them to Chuck.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Jun 12, 2001 @ 7:36pm

I bet you can do it Chuck. Weeboo was the first C++ application I ever wrote.
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jun 12, 2001 @ 9:16pm

My little JS "worm" is finished. Builds the library in basically 2 seconds (71 files, 1.9 mb). Might be a bit slower when we get more files...but really who cares...it is run on the desktop once. Could have been a minute too and noone would die...
Malmer
pm Member

Programmer needed

Postby Malmer » Jun 12, 2001 @ 9:17pm

We need a voulenteering programmer for programming a simple utility that we need. It doesn't matter if it is DOS or Windows. Note that we are not talking about WinCE programming here, but Desktop PC.<br><br>About the util:<br>A small thing that creates a file library. Think Quake PAK file. I have not idea of how a Quake PAK file is structured, but this thing will be quite simple. I've written a detailed specification. So all you would need to do is to write the simple utility.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>// Fredrik<br><br>UPDATE:<br>I wrote the util myself. See later in the thread...I used a pretty special way of doing it.<br><br>Last modification: Fredrik Malmer - 06/12/01 at 18:17:57
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 12, 2001 @ 11:23pm

why can you actually see my gif now??! That'd be nice. Anyways, i've got the source to a simple map editor. The main proble with it though is the fact that when it places a picture it just adds it too the background and its stuck. But i think i've figured it out. I'll just have it so that on the paste of a picture it'll add a new object, i figure i can just create an int array, that'd probably work. :/ i wonder if you can actually do that in VB, i've been learning c++ so i get the languages confused :) Also, I have the Zoom command working, so now you can zoom from 100% to 1/4 size. :) that was easy. Next is to write the new adding crap code :) That may take the entire tommorow, after i get off work that night at 8. :/ Since  don't have school, i can program till 2 in the morn. :) Well, this is already becoming an incredibly long post. Umm, fredrick or Carpe if you mail me, just hit my other address carlbon_bon@hotmail.com because my bellatlantic account won't send mail. I dunno know why. Stupid freakin verzion. die verizon die.<br>
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 15, 2001 @ 12:41am

Fredik and Carp, i've got bad news. I'm sorry to say that i don't think i can do this anytime soon. I've written a portion of it, but i don't like hoow its turning out to look and i don't really have time now. i have to work almost everyday during the time i'd normally program. And i'm kindof tired of programming in general. I can send the next person all the info i've gotten, i mean i almost have all the information here to make it, just i don't really have the time. Sorry to disappoint you all.
Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 15, 2001 @ 12:20pm

No problem<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 15, 2001 @ 1:11pm

but, i do have alot of base code for whoever comes along next, but its only for vb:/
Moose or Chuck

Postby Paul » Jun 15, 2001 @ 1:40pm

send the vb code over and i'll take a look
Paul
pm Insider

Postby esw » Jun 15, 2001 @ 5:57pm

I would be glad to hlep if I can. Send me the info about what the map editor has to do (map format, size of image etc.) and I'll have a look.<br><br>Thanks.
esw
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 16, 2001 @ 12:44am

ummm paul, hows about, u just hit my ftp, i'll leave it up all night. I'm doin this because, i have a jumble of code. Its saved in about 4-5 different places. Mostly the good code is Map Editor .vbp but anyway. 151.199.153.93 , 169.254.225.219. I forgot which one is the right one. O ya people don't get a hard on cauuse got my ip. Because my dsl is dyn ip so feck off it won't be that in a day. l/p paul/chopperalleysux port 21. Just get what you need. Most are just examples of Stretchblt and crap Map Editor is the real thing. It is a pretty good start, but the form needs to be cleaned up. It already allows the dummy sprites to be pulled down, a backgrouund texture to be loaded and other crap. U'll see. Its a good start. U just need to make the sprites seperate images when placed and allow them to be puulled up and blah. Ask fredrik for the rest of the info. <br><br>- Each sprite needs propertys to pull down<br>- Ablity to set a 'mission description'<br>- save all info to a text file<br>- other shit i forgot
Moose or Chuck

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions