This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Argentum Name Already Used

Re: Argentum Name Already Used

Postby Diego Cueva » Jun 15, 2001 @ 10:24pm

Ok, Moose, you should stop eating pies. Not good for the brain...
--------------------------

Last modification: Diego Cueva - 04/31/03 at 17:32:04
I´m currently listening to my PC´s fan
SMRF founder
Peace
Diego Cueva
pm Insider

Postby randall » Jun 15, 2001 @ 10:38pm

The pie thing is all fine and good, Moose. But you're kind of looking at it in the wrong way.<br><br>1/2 of a pie + 1/2 of a pie = a whole pie<br><br>but what does<br><br>1/0 of a pie + 1/0 of a pie equal?<br><br>Show me 2/0 of a pie, and you'll have your answer.
randall
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 15, 2001 @ 11:03pm

You guys are smoking too much weed, Fredrik is not going to like that.<br>:)<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Jaybot » Jun 16, 2001 @ 3:37am

"Jaybot, Don't matta, they were both released to the Japanese market under the same name. You see, over there, they actually give their consumers credit for having a brain"<br><br>Really?  I was under the impression that the game was released in Japan as 'Puzzle Bobble' as it was always named at the arcades...  <br>
-------
|\\ //|
-- ^ --
|||
Jaybot
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 16, 2001 @ 4:01am

Jaybot:<br><br>I've got a Japanese NeoGeo Pocket "BustAMove" hard-case box and cart. The US boxes are soft card. Maybe whenever I find the charger for my batteries, I'll take a piccy for you :)<br><br>
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 16, 2001 @ 9:23am

But randall, that's the conundrum we've uncovered with my theory. Since neither a number of null or infinite can exist in the real world, both are equivalent to nothing. One because null is a lack of something, infinite is because it's fundamental pieces would have to be infinitely small to make up the device, so that is also 0.<br><br>The result that we come to is that dividing a pie by 0 would mean there was no pie in the first place. If we cut it up an infinitecimal number of times it would be so small that it would cease to exist.<br>This is why how mathematics are flawed.<br><br>But it is all just a simple mind game, since you can never cut a pie infinitely or by a null amount.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 16, 2001 @ 9:29am

But actually, dividing by zero would arrive at the answer of infinite. The answer to 4/0 would be infinitely small or large, because 4 * 0 = 0. So you could never arrive at the answer, meaning it was infinite.<br>So you can arrive at the same answer by multiplying by 0 or dividing by infinite, and vice versa.<br>Infinite is not just the greatest increase in a number. It is also the greatest DECREASE in a number. So infinite and null are the same.
Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 16, 2001 @ 10:09am

Shut up moose, you are talking nonsense like in the old times.<br>Mathematics are not flawed you nut case, they are the only perfect thing man ever created.<br><br>so i'll make you guys shut up for good about this subject.<br><br>See, it's very easy, imagine a N number that decreases to zero, let's see how this would work.<br>Fist of all you must understand that :<br>(AnyNumber)/(Infinity) = 0.<br>If you can't understand that, then go study psicology or something hehe.<br><br>Now let's get to the chase:<br><br>what's 1/(1/2) ?, the result is 2.<br>what's 1/(1/10) ?, the result is 10.<br>what's 1/(1/9999)?, the result is 9999.<br>what's 1/0 == 1(1/infinity))?, the result is infinity.<br><br>So that's it folks, mathematics are perfect and very simple, to understand them you just have to quit smokin' joint.<br><br>:)<br><br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jun 16, 2001 @ 12:50pm

CARPE, I just said that 1/0 = 1*infinite.<br>Actually, I think I said that in every single one of my posts.<br>It's quite simple, but mathematics are still flawed.
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jun 16, 2001 @ 2:10pm

Cutting the pie an infinate number of times doesn't mean the pie ceases to exist. It will just be a pie with an infinate number of slices.<br><br>If you cut something in half, you can cut it in half again. It will approach zero, but never be zero. So there will always be SOMETHING.
randall
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Jun 16, 2001 @ 3:34pm

I really want some of my pies to have an infinite number of slices. And my belly to not get infintely bigger :)<br><br>Oh well, back to work :(<br><br>Johnny<br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Digby » Jun 16, 2001 @ 3:44pm

No more pies.  No more calculators.  Please read . <br><br>If after reading this explanation you still think a number divided by 0 is infinity, go straight to your first year algebra instructor and demand reparations for receiving a brainwashing instead of an education.<br><br>
Digby
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jun 16, 2001 @ 3:53pm

Alright, i'm tired of this, im officially closing this thread because i am not about to hear this 1/0 is not infinity nonsense, talk to your local teacher or use your graphic calculator and shit.<br><br>i am currently taking Math 4 in college, and i've been taught those trivialities way back on the first course, and 1/0 IS infinity, and math IS NOT flawed.<br><br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby 999 » Jun 23, 2001 @ 11:38pm

*Nostalgia Bump*<br>
pm Member

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators: