This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Release date?

Re: Release date?

Postby EmXtrix » Jul 3, 2001 @ 4:07pm

Well, think of it from a different aspect for a moment. Instead of realism, think about difficulty. It would be more of a challenge (and more fun from my perspective) if you didn't know what the enemy was doing. So in a way, yes - it is more real, but don't you think it would be better?<br><br>I think the C&C fog should do nicely though.<br><br>-Elad Yakobowicz
Elad Yakobowicz
-------
Senior News Editor
pocketnow.com -- it's all about portability...
http://www.pocketnow.com
EmXtrix
pm Member

Postby John Lomax » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:02pm

I agree, fog of war is a must have. Also could be turned off or on for deathmatches etc.<br><br>How freddy and carpy do it is another thing though ;)<br><br>Johnny 5
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby EmXtrix » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:06pm

Hey John, that is a great idea! I didn't even think about it. <br><br>Hey, Javier and Fredrik, will there be a multiplayer mode in Argentum? Via infrared?<br><br>-Elad
Elad Yakobowicz
-------
Senior News Editor
EmXtrix
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:12pm

Elad, haven't you been to yet? They're thinking about it
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby randall » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:16pm

I have two Cassiopeia's if someone wants me to test multiplayer via infrared (okay, one of the Casio's is my wife's).<br><br>Oh wait, they've already got a few PocketPCs to test with.
randall
pm Insider

Postby EmXtrix » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:18pm

Of course I've been! ;) <br><br>Features look great, great work IonSide!<br><br>John Lomax-- I've been to your site. Some VERY impressive work I must say :).<br><br>-Elad
Elad Yakobowicz
-------
Senior News Editor
EmXtrix
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:18pm

Hey Shape...maybe you should make the signature of yours bold...see help (above) on how to do it... :)<br><br>That quote stacks up with things like "I have a dream"...one of my finest sentences ever...ahh... ~<br><br>F.<br>
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 3, 2001 @ 5:21pm

Fredrik, two things:<br>1) I KNOW HOW TO MAKE THINGS BOLD, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO<br>2) let's stay on topic, yeah?
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 4, 2001 @ 9:59am

About multiplayer, i wouldn't say there's a 100% chance of being implemented, this is for two reasons, The casio IR goes insane after some seconds of transmision to the point where it no longer receives (but transmits) and the device suffers a huge slowdown and you have to soft reset.<br>This same problem is experienced in RocketElite<br><br>However, the IR seems to work just fine on ipaqs, so it could be done, the problem is that we have a casio and an ipaq, so testing it will be a MAYOR problem and i'm not sure about releasing untested code.<br><br>the second problem is that we are in a pretty tight schedule and we have little time to waste, and i am absolutely sure that the multiplayer feature will be used, if we are lucky, by 1 out of 100 users. So it might end up being a waste of time.<br><br><br>Last modification: CARPEDIEM - 07/04/01 at 06:59:56
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 1:17pm

Wait wait wait.. the Casio IR doesn't work? On the E-125? can anyone else confirm this? How does it not work? I want to buy the psion IR modem for my Casio, will it not work?
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jul 4, 2001 @ 1:32pm

The IR works, I use it to synch with my wifes Casio all the time. But that wasn't what Carpe was saying. He was saying that it isn't reliable or consistent enough to send streaming data for a multiplayer.
randall
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jul 4, 2001 @ 1:34pm

then it wouldnt be goo for modems either?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 1:39pm

I want to use an IR Modem to browse the internet and get my email. Is it good for that?
Moose or Chuck

Postby randall » Jul 4, 2001 @ 1:41pm

The difference between a modem/synching data is that it doesn't really matter WHEN it gets there, as long as the data is transimitted and recieved.<br><br>With a muliplayer game, the data is time sensitive, meaning it needs to be sent and received fast enough that it won't disrupt the realtime gameplay.<br><br>Last modification: randall - 07/04/01 at 10:41:26
randall
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 4, 2001 @ 1:41pm

Why doesn't it work? Can I fix it? What part doesn't it work? When does it go bad? Why?
Moose or Chuck

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions