This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Cheater!

Cheater!

Postby MZGuy » Jul 18, 2001 @ 4:14am

Will there be cheat codes in the game?
MZGuy
pm Insider

Re: Cheater!

Postby Malmer » Jul 18, 2001 @ 8:35am

Who knows... :)<br><br>Actually we haven't planned for it, but that might change. Havn't decided that yet. Cheatcodes generally destroys the fun in a game...
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 18, 2001 @ 9:26am

No, there won't. CARPE if you add cheat codes I will personally hunt you down, carve out your gullet, and spill your intestines on the ground.
Moose or Chuck

Postby MZGuy » Jul 18, 2001 @ 12:10pm

But it is good with cheat codes, when you're stuck (which I am all the time :)). When it gets too frustrating, you can turn on the cheat codes and then you will at least get too se the whole game.
MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 18, 2001 @ 12:22pm

You're lame. If a game is made with cheat codes in mind like you suggest then it's not a game, it's a task.
Moose or Chuck

Postby MZGuy » Jul 18, 2001 @ 12:35pm

But if you pay for a game, then you will probably at least get through it in some way. And if you're not good at RTS games, it is one way to see the end of the game.<br>And when you're through the first time you may want to do some bad @$$ armies and bases, and that requires more resources than you get by playing "in a normal way".
MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 18, 2001 @ 12:40pm

If you're not good at RTS games, why buy them?<br><br>There will be no cheats, atleast not published ones, please CARPE. Cheats ruin a good game, and what it would do to a great game like Argentum is unthinkable.
Moose or Chuck

Postby MZGuy » Jul 18, 2001 @ 1:59pm

But maybe there could be something like in C&C Red Alert(1). The "rules.ini" ;D<br>Ok I'll stop whining about cheats now.
MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 18, 2001 @ 2:20pm

i don't know... i admit i've used cheatcodes in the hardest levels of Starcraft Broodwars, who knows... maybe we'll put a few cheats in and tell you guys how to activate them some months after releasing the game.<br>and about the: "rules.ini".<br>Fredrik made sure to pack all the files into one big file that won't be editable. So once you pack your own custom level, there's no way to modify it once packed, you  have to modify the "source" in order to make changes.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby MZGuy » Jul 18, 2001 @ 2:21pm

That'd be a good idea :)
MZGuy
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Jul 18, 2001 @ 2:37pm

Not sure if I will release the level packer right away though. Right now it is a Windows Scripting Host script (JScript) which would make it very easy to make a file extracter and thus destroying the whole point. <br><br>As for general mods you don't need to pack them. They work great as normal files aswell. We'll probably make the packer into a executable later on. Or maybe release it to some of the mayor MOD:ers. <br><br>Anyways, way we all love you guys for supporting us through this forum and giving suggestions for what should be in the game.<br><br>// Fredrik<br>
Malmer
pm Member

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 18, 2001 @ 3:00pm

Yep, thank you guys... and you can be absolutely sure that all your suggestions are taken seriously, and many things you asked in this forum are already 100% functional.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jul 19, 2001 @ 8:25am

in that case can there be many many fmv strippers?
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Malmer » Jul 19, 2001 @ 1:56pm

not even gonna answer that. ok guys, how about raising the level in this forum to above the puberty mindset?<br><br>:-)
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 19, 2001 @ 2:01pm

Paul... are you sure you're not 13? Maybe you're just a late bloomer.<br><br>_____
Moose or Chuck

Next

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions