This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Invasion vs. Argentum

Re: Invasion vs. Argentum

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 14, 2001 @ 2:48pm

Well, let's don't fight about this.<br>Listen, someone from this forum was kind enough to get me (legally) a copy of Invasion, and i've played it up to level 10, i really enjoyed it, Playing an RTS on a pocketPC is somewhat of an unique experience.<br>I liked the game, it has many things that should be improved but i won't get into that because i don't want to fight anymore.<br>So this is what i think, if you can afford $30 and buy this game, do it, it will certainly entertain you for some hours. I mean it.<br><br>PS: What is Poccer ??<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jul 14, 2001 @ 3:15pm

trust me, you dont want to know.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 14, 2001 @ 10:31pm

ban Pukerofic.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Robotbeat » Jul 15, 2001 @ 3:03am

I betcha that there Pukerific guy is still a big Palm Pilot fan. ;) (Just wait. It will be my luck to see that he hates Palm, as I do.)<br><br>Still, he is annoying, but I understand him. He isn't used to the attitude of this board and the personalities of the people here. People here are honest. And blunt. And why not? I'm sure no one here knows the makers of the game Invasion personally or even cares. If they did, then they would have let them know that the game was going to be bad before it came out. The people who made Invasion probably are just programmers who don't get out much and don't have friends. That would explain the "programmer art" (a.k.a. aesthetically unappealling drawings used to test programming. Early pre-alpha versions of Argentum had such art for the units.) in Invasion.<br><br>The main reason that people are upset about the quality (or lack of) of Invasion I think is because the price is too high. I think most of the people that post here a lot are high school or college age. Some of them may have bought their Pocket PC for mostly gaming or multimedia purposes. As such, they expect commercial games to be of high quality. <br><br><br>BTW, I am high school aged and bought my Pocket PC mostly for its multimedia purposes. I plan on buying an iPAQ in a couple weeks so that I can use that one raytracer faster. I love making pictures with raytracers. Even though it won't be even close to the speed of my computer, I'll be able to do it anytime and anywhere. Besides, people used to use raytracers on old 486s and 386s. Why not a Pocket PC? (BTW, I would definitely do my heavy renedering on my 1.2 GHz Athlon floating-point beast :) <<tear rolls down my cheek in unspoken joy and pride>> {Yes, I am aware of the 1.4 GHz Palamino processor, even though very few are, thank you very much. ;) ;)}).<br><br>Unlike some people, I want to be able to do gaming primarily on the Pocket PC. As such, I want games of the quality of Pocket Quake with its mods and, in the future, Argentum with its future mods. I'm sure that Palm people will find it confusing that I should expect to do quality gaming on a PDA. That's why I hate Palm. It sucks and it makes people ignorant and dull. {I'm not saying that people who would rather do gaming on a PC are a Palm fan. I'm just talking. If you get mad at me for some reason, don't get too upset. It might give you an ulcer.}<br><br>All this is to go off subject somewhat and mention the opinion that in the future, the PC will still be around everywhere, but it will serve mostly as a mainframe computer like "back in the day."<br><br>I need to shut up now and go to bed. Good night.
Die, Palm, Die. If that offended you, then get rid of your Palm OS device.
Robotbeat
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 15, 2001 @ 10:42am

Alright, I'm definitely buynig Argentum now, the minute it comes out. Unless of course I see it for freez on some warez newsgroup or something. Then I'll download it ... as evidence ... and tell CARPEDIEM about it right away.<br>(No sarcasm. I'm quitting that shit).
Moose or Chuck

Postby jongjungbu » Jul 17, 2001 @ 7:25pm

I started this thread, so I will make one last comment.<br>It is true that I bashed the game Invasion. And I don't retract my statements. I think the game sucks. That's my personal opinion though. And as mentioned by Dan East and others, this does not reflect the opinion(s) of Ionside. No one is bashing the competition. I didn't make Argentum or Invasion. I can bash either all I like so why should anyone get upset? Of course, my opinions seemed to have started a slight uproar but it's just between me and the other members of this board not affiliated necessarily with PocketMatrix OR Ionside. <br>That be life.<br>
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Matt Keys » Jul 20, 2001 @ 12:41am

JJB, I agree with you and I think that now is time to close this thread. If anyone has anything else to add message the person using the boards messaging system.<br><br>Thank You,
Matt Keys
Co-Founder
PocketMatrix.com
Matt Keys
Site Co-Founder

Previous

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer