This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Invasion vs. Argentum

Re: Invasion vs. Argentum

Postby Pukerifico » Jul 13, 2001 @ 4:34pm

Well, Invasion has one thing on YOU guys....It's NOT Vaporware!<br><br>You want to put down their game?  Well, where is yours?  <br><br>Yeah, I thought so....
Pukerifico

Postby Paul » Jul 13, 2001 @ 5:05pm

it isnt released yet, not that it has anything to do with this... argentum is 1/0 times better! hmm...<br><br>people-who-make-shitty-rts-games-then-come-on-here-posing-as-normal-people-and-defend-their-shitty-games stink.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 13, 2001 @ 5:46pm

Vaporware? You must be really blind to not see all the news on Argentum that's posted on PocketGamer.org every week. It's not like it's not being worked on. And it will probably be released really soon.<br>So what if we don't like Invasion? And so what if you don't like Argentum? But we don't go to the Invasion forum and bash it, you shouldn't do that to Argentum. It's really juvenile. There's no way you can bash Argentum when you can't even play it yet.
Moose or Chuck

Postby Dan East » Jul 13, 2001 @ 7:29pm

Well, unlike other games, Argentum isn't being developed under a veil of secrecy. Many of the developer's conversations are being made public, so that they can receive valuable input from gamers during the critical phases of development. That will result in a game that is more enjoyable to the average gamer, than a game that was deemed "complete" or adequate solely based on the developer's opinion.<br>Also, vaporware refers to software that has been in development for a very long amount of time, or software that was not produced by an official release date. Argentum has only been in development a few months, and certainly has not overshot a release date.<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 13, 2001 @ 10:47pm

also, invasion is a piece of crap. God wtf, how can u even compare the two. heres my screenshot from invasion<br>[pre]<br>+----------------------+<br>|  0                   |<br>| \|/       0          |<br>|  /\      \|/         |<br>|           /\         |<br>|                      |<br>|  _____               |<br>| <U.F.O>              |<br>+----------------------+<br>[/pre]<br>
Moose or Chuck

Postby Pukerifico » Jul 13, 2001 @ 11:18pm

Number one, I'm not a developer of Invasion. Just look at my english writing ability.  Aren't the creators Japanese? I've played the demo and compared to your game...well, really there is NO comparison because yours isn't finished.<br><br>I'm just making the point that you really look stupid putting down someone elses work when YOURS isn't even completed.  Also, it is unprofessional and shortsighted.  <br><br>Look at it this way: suppose someone picks up invasion.  And they like the concepts, but hate the graphics...or they like the gameplay, but the AI isn't good.  Then someone may suggest your game when they are ready to go for a "REAL RTS."<--that is, if it is indeed any good.  <br><br>But if you are going to sit around here flaming people and putting down other developers, you are just going to look like a bunch of 15 year old boys who've never kissed a girl.  It is going to be difficult for a certain population to do business with you and recommend your product.<br><br>There have been multi-million dollar companies brought to their knees due to shitty attitudes and stupid, arrogant mistakes of their managers and owners.  Do you want to suffer the same fate before you even get started?<br><br>It doesn't matter how great your product is.  If your attitude is immature and reactive, then it will fail.  Just look at Brighthand!!!  What, did he trade like an 80% marketshare for a 10 or 15%? It's the same damn thing.<br><br>Just my advice, it doesn't matter that much to me...I have nothing invested in either.
Pukerifico

Postby Pukerifico » Jul 13, 2001 @ 11:33pm

Pukerifico

Postby randall » Jul 13, 2001 @ 11:47pm

randall
pm Insider

Postby randall » Jul 14, 2001 @ 12:21am

randall
pm Insider

Postby Pocksoft » Jul 14, 2001 @ 4:18am

Pocksoft

Postby 999v.2 » Jul 14, 2001 @ 5:20am

As a business man, you should be familliar with the term "Business is War." <br><br>999<br>
999v.2

Postby Paul » Jul 14, 2001 @ 6:57am

ugh. i hate people.<br><br>'people' stinks.
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Dan East » Jul 14, 2001 @ 9:24am

Hopefully this is my last comment in this particular thread. I would like to know why you are taking opinions from people that have nothing to do with Ionside or Argentum, and blaming Ionside for them? I read back through this thread, and both the developers, Fredrick and Carpediem, had professional comments on the issue. Fredrick even said:<br>PS. I'm not saying Invasion is a bad game and not worth 29.95. DS. <br><br>It's also not Ionside's job to censor this forum to delete any negative comments. They wouldn't remove a post because it says bad things about Argentum, so why should they delete posts about another piece of software?<br><br>Dan East
Dan East
Site Admin

Postby John Lomax » Jul 14, 2001 @ 9:57am

Ok, although I am producing art for the game I am not part of Ionside. Personally, like randall I am an artist and my take on this is that I dont<br>like the art, its bad, real bad. Although this doesnt make for a bad game I might add, but I have played invasion and In MY opinion Argentum even at this stage is far better.<br><br>My other gripe with invasion is the price, which to me is very high for something which I consider substandard.<br><br>There, you have my words on this.<br><br>I dont mind if people critique my work, how else am I to get better? Input is valid in artistic creation. <br><br>I'll fire off work to freddy and carpe, and maybe they dont like it, and they will say so. I'll change it, send out a new version, and great we have better art. I welcome and open forum like this,as like dan said it helps create a much better game.<br><br>Sod this, I'm off to play Poccer.<br><br>J.<br>
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 14, 2001 @ 12:00pm

Ya, the colors in Invasion are way to unnatural. The grass is lime green, wtf?
Moose or Chuck

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions