This site is no longer active and is available for archival purposes only. Registration and login is disabled.

Invasion vs. Argentum

Re: Invasion vs. Argentum

Postby John Lomax » Jul 6, 2001 @ 5:48am

lol....hehe
John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 6, 2001 @ 11:16am

I thought Argentum would be $15...<br>But any game for the PPC that's more than $20 is not worth it, no matter how good it is.
Moose or Chuck

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 6, 2001 @ 1:53pm

Think about it, there was once a game called "T-Force Platoon". It's price was 25 bucks (they repriced it to 15, which is still too much). Behind all these graphics it was kinda crappy. If you want a game like this, you can get it for free from Peter's wonderful Gamebox.<br>Now think again: When this game and Invasion are so expensive, how much should they take for Argentum? These 20 or 25 bucks are okay, I'll pay them for a superb game (Chuck - I know what you'll do ;)). It's almost a little too low, compared to the high prices of other products.<br>But just imagine how much fun you can have with a huge RTS-Game like Argentum compared to some "Banana"-clone...<br>(I'm always a little confused when writing long texts while watching TV, so don't complain about the grammar and stuff)
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby suchiaruzu » Jul 6, 2001 @ 1:57pm

Oh, why are you complaining about the graphics? They're great:<br>Image<br>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>Bah, but I kinda like the menu:<br>Image
<div align="center">Image<br></div>
suchiaruzu
pm Insider

Postby Paul » Jul 6, 2001 @ 2:01pm

and dont forget that argentum will also be expandable with new maps and stuff, doesnt look like 'invasion' is
Paul
pm Insider

Postby Mike Wagstaff » Jul 6, 2001 @ 2:21pm

Mike Wagstaff
- For Gamers on the Go...

Mike Wagstaff
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jul 6, 2001 @ 3:45pm

jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Malmer » Jul 7, 2001 @ 7:22am

All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Malmer » Jul 7, 2001 @ 8:37am

"Another killer : $29.95 for the full version."<br><br>If a game is good it wouldn't feel that expensive...I mean most PPC games are $24.95 (even some really crappy ones). The difference is not much more than a BigMac(tm) Meal. I think quality is worth it.<br><br>- F<br><br>PS. I'm not saying Invasion is a bad game and not worth 29.95. DS.<br><br>Last modification: Fredrik Malmer - 07/07/01 at 05:37:30
All your base are belong to us
Malmer
pm Member

Postby Mike Wagstaff » Jul 7, 2001 @ 8:52am

Mike Wagstaff
- For Gamers on the Go...

Mike Wagstaff
pm Insider

Postby John Lomax » Jul 7, 2001 @ 10:23am

John Lomax
pm Member

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 7, 2001 @ 11:13am

I'm not willing to pay more than $20 for a PPC game (which is pushing it, $15 is ideal), and $45 is pushing it for a PPC app. I'm not going to pay that much for something that I don't use more than 30 minutes a day on average. It's not like I'm on vacation every day and my PPC is my only access to technology. I've got a computer for that, and I'm not going to drain my PPC battery.<br><br>We may be getting to a point where a more indepth game is not a good thing. That's why I like Turjah so much, and Bubblets. I can play them in minutes and at any time. I'm not saying that I'm not going to pay Argentum, or that it won't be fun. Of course I will and of course it will be. But I'm not going to spend 30 minutes sitting infront of my PPC while building my defenses like I do in Red Alert 2. Some people's batteries don't even last that long.<br><br>Which reminds me, CARPE, please please please add a GAMMA setting, so I don't have to have my screen at full bright to play.
Moose or Chuck

Postby CARPEDIEM » Jul 7, 2001 @ 12:17pm

I thought so too Moose, but you see... I'd rather lie on my bed playing a fun game that is not much different from PC games than to sit in my computer. There are great games out there, like RocketElite, i think the PDA is perfect for gaming because you can play your game anytime and anywere.<br>
CARPEDIEM
pm Insider

Postby jongjungbu » Jul 7, 2001 @ 1:27pm

Yes, gaming anytime anywhere. Awesome. These days, when I want to play a few ole NES games for nostalgia and good ole fun...i use my PPC instead of my Desktop PC. Sure, it may be just a tad smoother or sound just a tad better--but my sofa or my bed is way more comfortable than sitting at my desk.<br>And to be honest, i wouldnt mind a few more PPC games that have depth. I get a little tired of the endless same ole same ole. Sometimes I want just a tad more involvement. I like to see a different screen from time to time too.<br><br>
jongjungbu
Not JongJongBu

Postby Moose or Chuck » Jul 7, 2001 @ 5:19pm

That's true, but $30 dollars for a game for a PPC?<br>Please make Argentum around $20 or less than.
Moose or Chuck

PreviousNext

Return to Argentum

Sort

Forum Description

Discuss Ionside's groundbreaking RTS title

Moderators:

sponge, CARPEDIEM, John Lomax, Malmer

Forum permissions